News   Jul 12, 2024
 593     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 611     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 281     0 

What's the future for the Conservative Party?

Barack Obama: "I have been very clear on this. I am not a supporter of gay marriage. I think the term marriage itself has strong religious roots and a strong tradition that means something special to people in this country"

C6byyneWQAAviBw.jpg

I for one am glad we're importing more Muslims that oppose gay marriage and women's rights. Will certainly help the CPC party!

Barack Obama: "I have been very clear on this. I am not a supporter of gay marriage. I think the term marriage itself has strong religious roots and a strong tradition that means something special to people in this country"

In 2004, when he was president :rolleyes:

I for one am glad we're importing more Muslims that oppose gay marriage and women's rights. Will certainly help the CPC party!

Except said party have demonized them, and that tend to carry in their minds for much longer than any supposed alignment in values. As if immigrants are stupid and can't see intent.

AoD

Last edited:
Except said party have demonized them, and that tend to carry in their minds for much longer than their alignment in values.

AoD

Like when they withdrew their children from school en-masse when Ontario Libs rolled out the sex ed curriculum? Patty Brown can count on those votes.

In 2008 he said: "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage.

He switched up once it became politically popular and he was already in power. A true man of principle!

Actually, no - let's go back even further - http://www.politico.com/blogs/ben-smith/2009/01/obama-backed-same-sex-marriage-in-1996-015306

America was not ready for same sex marriage - back in 90s (DADT and DOMA all happened during Clinton's watch). It is now.

AoD

Which proves my point...he has no principles on the topic and simply adjusts his view based on what is politically popular...exactly what you are accusing Trump of.

Actually no, because he still needed to fight the Republican dominated Congress for it. Generally popular among the base is one thing, it doesn't mean it is politically painless. Please, read up on the fight over DOMA and DADT. I mean, what has Trump done for his "support"? Did he sign any legislation that was groundbreaking in intent over the objection of Congress? No. It's claiming credit over the work by others.

AoD

Last edited:
Why would he campaign on opposing gay marriage if he in fact supported it? He's either a liar or flip flopper.

Why would he campaign on opposing gay marriage if he in fact supported it? He's either a liar or flip flopper.

Because that is clearly the only thing his campaign is about, and the campaign is about living or dying by that single issue? Calling politicians liar or flip floppers by default is laziness - views change, opportunities arises. What's important is he did the work and faced the heat over this issue to push it forward - and THAT is what deserves the credit.

Speaking of flip-flopping on this issue:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/trump-erase-obama-policies-231156
http://www.advocate.com/politics/20...mpaign-promise-wont-overturn-lgbt-protections

So in this particular instance, just what did he stood for? Is he a flip-floper, a liar, or just couldn't give much of a damn about an issue that is politically pointless in his grand scheme of things? You tell me.

AoD

Last edited:
Has their been a bigger fall from grace than Joe Oliver. He now "works" for The Rebel and is suddenly denying climate change.

It's funny that you can't admit that Obama opposed gay marriage, something he himself said and campaigned on. It's OK to disagree with your god on a single issue or admit that he was wrong.

Back