News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 429     0 

What Toronto street is this?

Yeah.

What's so special in this photo?

dsc01570.jpg

a synagogue in the city of churches? i dunno, but that is kensington market. i love my jews! respect!

Looking down Macklem from College to St Anne's Anglican on Gladstone? (The church with the Group Of Seven decorations)

^We have a winner! One of Toronto's secrets, St Anne's is probably proof the 'hood used to be mostly English folk...I wonder what the local strip was like before the Portuguese took over? (Oddly, I've never been to a service at St Anne's, it's on my "to do" list.)

Last weekend found me hanging out on this infamous street:

dsc01251u.jpg

What's the controversy all about?

^We have a winner! One of Toronto's secrets, St Anne's is probably proof the 'hood used to be mostly English folk...I wonder what the local strip was like before the Portuguese took over? (Oddly, I've never been to a service at St Anne's, it's on my "to do" list.)

All old 'hoods used to be mostly English (& Irish & Scottish) folk...

Looks like Dundas

Dundas Street West, west of Spadina, north side.

The reflection is Alexandra Park.

I think.

ok i won't screw this one up. that's augusta and baldwin.

Last edited:
We have a winner! Alexandra Park reflected off the gorgeous (until 7 May) Minnow & Bass gallery at the corner of Dundas St W and Kensington Av--go check out the show and see all the prints of farm tractors etc!

A smelly street here, perhaps?

dsc01516z.jpg

When I hear "smelly street" I immediately think of Kennsington Market and the stinkiest street in the market imo is Baldwin Street depicted in your photo.

I thought "smelly street" was the foot of Tecumseh or something...

Not the photo. Just the idea of a smelly street.

Back