News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     4 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 503     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Westside Gallery Lofts (Queen West Triangle, Urbancorp, 20 + 8s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

The affordable component of 48 abell is already under construction on vacant land south of the building. Condos are proposed to replace the building

Its sad to hear the bad experience you had with Crappy(urban)Corp ... if they already gave you a 'confirmed occupacy date' and now wants to push it back another month, you may want to check with your lawyer just to confirm if you are entitled to any 'delay compensations' in accordance with Tarion regulations ~

Thanks for the suggestion "Solaris"

Had a lawyer look into it and under Tarion regulations there are 3 dates that the builder has at their disposal. The word "confirmed" when referring to the occupancy date, is standard language used under those regulations. So there's still one more date they can delay to. Any occupancy delays that exceed the 3 allowed will result in the builder paying for those delays.

Also, a suite inspection will be scheduled for all buyers no later than 3 weeks prior to their occupancy date. So if you don't get a call before those 3 weeks, another occupancy delay is possible.

So... is this place a total farce? We plunked down a down payment in 2006 and have subsequently been waiting... and waiting... We finally had a ray of hope this year when they told us our confirmed occupancy date was August 15th - that has since been moved twice (so far...) and we are now looking at October 15th. We've placed bets on it moving again. Wife also got a lovely surprise when she called the "office" number (which routes to a cell phone) and the message was thanking her for interest in "Edge on the Park". If anybody knows what the heck is going on or can shed any more light on their own experiences it would be great to hear... Feeling like we're getting fleeced here.

So... is this place a total farce? We plunked down a down payment in 2006 and have subsequently been waiting... and waiting... We finally had a ray of hope this year when they told us our confirmed occupancy date was August 15th - that has since been moved twice (so far...) and we are now looking at October 15th. We've placed bets on it moving again. Wife also got a lovely surprise when she called the "office" number (which routes to a cell phone) and the message was thanking her for interest in "Edge on the Park". If anybody knows what the heck is going on or can shed any more light on their own experiences it would be great to hear... Feeling like we're getting fleeced here.

That sounds just about typical for this project. Here a rough summary of what I've gone through since 2006 as well:

- When the project got stalled, because of protests from 48 Abell residents, my unit was moved from the 5th floor down to the 4th with a worse layout and less square-footage and was expected to take it at the same price. I tore them a new asshole instead and was subsequently offered the 6th floor and took it

- My Art piece, that initial buyers got as a "gift" , went missing along with any record of it. Nothing was done and I was told, "nothing can be done" (F%$#ing tools!) instead I got to pick from a pile of stuff no one wanted. Thanks?

- All original suite options (colours, finishes) were either discontinued or just changed to taupes and creams so now everything will be white and grey

- We were not advised about the option of extending the inner walls all the way up to the ceilings thus leaving a 2-3 foot gap. This may actually be a good thing since that'll be the only way to get some natural light throughout the entire suite once 48 Abell is knocked down and a another condo put in it's place (what happened to the park that was supposed to go there??? Liars!)

- And I too received 2 confirmed occupancy dates (3 allowed by builder. Anything more and they must compensate the buyer)

At this point you just gotta laugh about it cuz losing your shit isn't gonna help anyone.

1 August 2010: Not much art to this condo, but I reckon there'll be at least a few attractive girls living here, so overall, better than staring at a pile of dirt.

dsc01348d.jpg

Anyone in one of the units that faces the rooftop mechanical equipment? Looking at renting a unit on the 6th floor with a terrace that looks like it is probably located right next to that equipment. I won't be seeing the unit for a few days so am wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a wall/barrier blocking the view of the unsightly equipment and, if noise/vibration from the mechanicals is an issue.

Thanks,
Taylor

Thanks for posting that.

I'm fairly certain the unit I'll be looking at later this week is the one that you can see the patio doors for to the left of the big white rooftop building in the first picture.

Certainly not a nice view...do you know if they have walled it off or anything since this was taken to hide all those mechanicals?

Scanned lot plan.

The new Sudbury and Abell street extensions.

Westside.jpg

The Abell Street extension apparently won't be opened until 2012 or 13, when The Edge condo is built at the NE corner of Abell and Sudbury! At least we in the building can walk through the courtyard to Queen Street...

I'm still hoping for the pedestrian bridge, but that's looking unlikely.

hi guys, sounds like some of you might be somewhere near as frustrated as i am with the vendor of westside gallery lofts. i did my pdi (predelivery inspection) recently and... big surprise the lofts looks nothing at all like the model suite at their old sales office and these guys have cut more corners than I could have imagined possible. in my opinion, there are excellent grounds for legal action (as it has already been made clear to me that westside gallery lofts inc. will not be addressing my most major concerns with the unit). any other prospective owners caring to share some lawyer costs and take legal action with me? let me know - hoping your experience with these builders has made you less jaded than me

Are they still selling new units in this building? phase 2? I read that 180 sudbury is going to be an affordable housing project, how many more of these projects are proposed to be built in this area.

Wow, no updates since January......thanks yonderbean, great pics!

Back