News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 773     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

West Queen West / A&D District

So once again, the debate is an either / or? Free reign of bars or nothing? And I don't get it "bureaucratic nonsense?" How is properly licensing establishments a bad thing?

^Ancient discussion. The really super cool bars are opening on Dundas St West between Lansdowne and Bathurst; the really really really super cool bars are opening along Bloor St West, between Ossington and Lansdowne. WQW is "mainstream" money.

Can't find a thread for Parkdale's new low income housing project, a renovation of an old brownstone apartment building, but it's starting to shine so here it is: "Edmond Place."

dsc01410.jpg

Laidlaw St. Complex

Does anyone live in this townhouse complex or in the vicinity? I'm looking into it as it looks like a nice place, but would love some resident feedback...thanks in advance!

Has anyone noticed how the facade of the Great Hall is literally falling apart? The building at Dovercourt and Queen was bought a few years ago and is still used nearly every night for events, however no improvements have been made to the exterior above the first floor by the new owners. This historic building's turret on the corner is actually loosing pieces of carved wood, and you can see the missing part and the rusted roof. There are actual pieces of the building rotting and falling away that were well attached just five years ago.

I saw the Trust concert there a few weeks back on what was one of the hottest evenings of the year and (get this?) the venue has no air conditioning! Nadda! It was at least 40 degrees inside. Very uncomfortable.

The retail is continuing to appear on Bathurst south of King Street and slowly evolving into a distinct strip.

IMG_4379_1-L.jpg

Hasn't there always been retail south of Queen on Bathurst ?? I thought it was just north that didn't have much of anything.

I don't want to disturb the resident's privacy by printing an address so I will put it in a general thread. This seems to be the perfect layout for an urbanists home; almost like an urban treehouse. The laneways along WQW are seeing a lot of really creative repurposeing.

IMG_5778_1-XL.jpg

IMG_5780_1-XL.jpg

IMG_5782_1-XL.jpg

Vogue: Global Street Style Report: Mapping Out the 15 Coolest Neighborhoods in the World

2/15 WEST QUEEN WEST/ TORONTO / CANADA
Toronto is currently enjoying newfound prominence—and desirability—amongst globe-trotting tastemakers. Queen Street West is a verifiable artery of indie patisseries, homegrown labels, and hidden-from-view galleries—hallmarks of hipness, if ever they existed. It’s also the home of the Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art, well-established “art” hotels The Drake and the Gladstone, and the charming Bicyclette, a local clothing boutique and lifestyle brand whose owners love “glitter, DIY projects, treasure hunts and details.” Soho House Toronto is nearby, as is Graffiti Alley, a block where street art is both 100 percent legal and lauded.

Anyone know what this is going to be? 690 WQW.
IMG_0135.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0135.JPG
    IMG_0135.JPG
    390.8 KB · Views: 839

Back