News   Apr 24, 2024
 943     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 616     0 

Wealthsimple Stadium (Ad Company Geniuses, 0s, Août Poisson Architects)

The All Star, Hall of Famer was this. I fell hook, line, and sinker for this one:

I missed this one but sad that it wasn't true (excepting the green offering in the colour palette, cladding and other silliness).

I'm sure there are magical compounds out there that could re-skin in something close to the original concrete colour.

It needs a some make-up so bad. Beauticians unite.

At the moment, esports isnt like other sports where teams go away to other cities. They usually play in one arena and thats often in LA. Then a final which is often played in a random city. Toronto had League of Legends in 2016 to 15k fans. Don't under estimate the mass appeal for esports. I actually enjoy it more than watching traditional sports now.

That being said, I don't see a stadium being exclusive to esports in Toronto, unless were talking college level games.

I loved this PR stunt. It was creative and clever, or as the Donald Segretti character in 1976's "All The President's Men" said, "Something with a little bit of wit about it."

I missed this one but sad that it wasn't true (excepting the green offering in the colour palette, cladding and other silliness).

I'm sure there are magical compounds out there that could re-skin in something close to the original concrete colour.

It needs a some make-up so bad. Beauticians unite.
We did get a call from Canada Lands the morning that the story ran, but we did not pick up! They must have soon realized it was a April Fools spoof, and look it in the spirit that was intended, as within weeks, Canada Lands addressed the issue of the deteriorating lower concrete walls by giving them a good, appropriately concrete-toned paint job: all the rust and staining was covered up.

We did get a call from Canada Lands the morning that the story ran, but we did not pick up! They must have soon realized it was a April Fools spoof, and look it in the spirit that was intended, as within weeks, Canada Lands addressed the issue of the deteriorating lower concrete walls by giving them a good, appropriately concrete-toned paint job: all the rust and staining was covered up.

^curious as to what "lower walls" means re: painting. As far as the (tourist) eye can see? Guess we'll have to rely on UT photogs to clarify if they have time. In any case, they should have kept painting to the pod.

I mean afterall, they're painting the spire for "heavens sake"... logistical nightmare and probably expensive for few eyes (probably a maintenance decision).

It is very unfortunate that BlogTO is considered a reliable source for Wikipedia.

Wealthsimple Stadium won't have a Wikipedia article, since it's a hoax. Nowadays, it is very difficult to create a successful hoax article.
There's still a huge article about Donald Trump being the current "elected" U.S.President--figured that one would definitely get yanked down by now.

^^^^ Roy Thomson Hall per their Twitter account

Back