News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.1K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 805     0 

Waterloo Region Transit Developments (ION LRT, new terminal, GRT buses)

yo im in grade 12 from mississauga and holy i wanna go to UW next year and im so excited to ride this and get a glimpse of what mississauga's to expect on the hurontario lrt!!!!

Going to study urban planning?

Poli Sci.

He wants to be a far right conservative and the thought of cancelling and tearing up all these projects turns him on.

Just the thought of Mike Harris backfilling the Eglinton Subway line gets him going.

yo im in grade 12 from mississauga and holy i wanna go to UW next year and im so excited to ride this and get a glimpse of what mississauga's to expect on the hurontario lrt!!!!

As a Kitchenerite (Kitchenerian?) I appreciate your enthusiasm for our region. Have a great time at UW!

On-track tests of LRT vehicle expected to start next week
A light rail vehicle could start running along part of the 19-kilometre Ion track as soon as next week.

Officials with the Region of Waterloo say Oct. 19 is the anticipated start date of on-track testing for the vehicle which arrived in the region late last month.

While that vehicle was the second to be sent here by manufacturer Bombardier, it was the first to arrive in working order.

The first vehicle showed up in February, but has sat in a maintenance facility in north Waterloo ever since, awaiting more work from Bombardier before it can be taken out.

Initial testing is expected to take place in Waterloo exclusively, between Dutton Drive and the intersection of Erb and Caroline Streets. Eventually, the testing will expand to cover the entire route.

Two more functional Ion vehicles are expected to arrive in Waterloo Region by the end of the month, with passenger service scheduled to start next spring.

SOURCE: CTV Kitchener

Oct 12
Did a quick stop as I was heading home. 98% of the line is finish. Will post photos when I get to them

I knew I wasn't the youngest user of these forums.

I'm kind of curious what the demographics are of this forum: employed/students, profession, age, location, etc. I think we probably have a wide spectrum.

More details emerging about the track testing beginning Oct. 19.

Grandlinq will begin non-powered pull-through testing of various pieces of track along the test track area. The testing will be primarily conducted to find any deficiencies in the track, grade crossing signals and other track systems as well as station clearances so that they can be fixed prior to powered testing. The test will be conducted by towing or pushing the second (first fully-functional) LRV through various elements of the track and through the station areas.

In mid-November, once two more vehicles arrive and the 3 functional vehicles are outfitted with the necessary signalling equipment, it is anticipated that powered testing will begin. (It should be noted that at the current time the Weber St. Bridge over the LRT Right-of-Way is currently being worked on underneath and the scaffolding in place is preventing them from powering the section near the OMSF)

Bombardier has recently begun assembly of vehicle 13. Vehicle 3 is ready to ship, 4 is not far behind, 5-12 are in various stages of completion (5-6 are having their interior work done now).

Last edited:

Back