1.8K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 665     0 

Wanted: World-class nickname for Toronto

taal

Member Bio
Reaction score
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/576903

Interesting concept, not sure how it'll fly though.

One thing I wanted to point out. What's Toronto's biggest problem - the link above illustrates it quite clearly. Guess what, it's the people!! Yes, the people of Toronto are Toronto's biggest problem.

Or more specifically, whomever posts on the Star's website. I'm not sure how accurate a representation that is for Toronto? ... hopefully it's completely off.

Anyway, just take a look at few - it really makes you sad/mad ... I won't say anything else for now but I've pointed this out a couple times on UrbanToronto. Toronto's biggest problem is the lack of pride in this city. I think the exact opposite could be said 20/30 years ago but I'm not sure.

Where did we (the people, not the city) go wrong?

:confused:

I agree with you. The people of Toronto are one of the whiniest I have ever seen. Everyone is putting down Toronto for one reason or the other. Outside of these boards, SSC, Spacing etc., nobody seems to take pride in Toronto.

Some participants liked bidding for special events such as the Olympics; others said that after two failed Olympic bids it's time to put that dream to rest.
I'm still ambivalent about the Olympics, but we have to pursue 2020 just because it'd be a cool logo.
tOrOntO
2O2O

I agree with you. The people of Toronto are one of the whiniest I have ever seen. Everyone is putting down Toronto for one reason or the other. Outside of these boards, SSC, Spacing etc., nobody seems to take pride in Toronto.

I'm still ambivalent about the Olympics, but we have to pursue 2020 just because it'd be a cool logo.
tOrOntO
2O2O

you better copyright that! i think it's a winner!

Damn, that's good :)

I don't know about other people but if there's any place I represent it's right here. It's easier to find overly critical and pessimistic opinions than rational stories of people with a good experience and that goes for just about anything.

Last edited:
NHL_AllStar_2000.png

Holding a lame-ass newspaper-sponsored contest to pick a city nickname probably adds to Toronto's confidence and identity problems rather than solving them.

wanna know how to be cool? just don't give a shit man. if you try to be cool, you're not cool. :cool:

I think a lot of the nastier comments are from people who do not live in Toronto but secretly, wish they did. It's the let's all hate Toronto thing.

Back