News   Apr 25, 2024
 137     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 399     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Vladimir Putin's Russian Federation

Ok, if you had said CSKA, I'd have to stop talking to you in honour of my bestie who is from Moskva and used to be a certified nutter Spartak hoolie, complete with stab wound scars in his arm and all. hahahaha

Deco....fuuuuuuuuuuu ?

I'd be down with Mercedes or something equally class. I'm sick of the bank. I'm not even a customer anymore...I switched to Meridian....speaking of which, their name is popping up everywhere. Maybe they could outbid BMO for the kit sponsorship!

Damn, if I were ever to be in Moscow I sure as hell wouldn't want to caught in between a Derby fight.

Long time TD bank user here. Although admittedly I've been using Tangerine a lot more in recent years due to their savings account interest rates and ease of managing GICs and the extra credit card. And this was before they even became official sponsor of the Raptors thanks to a friend who got me in because of the referral bonus lol.

Damn, if I were ever to be in Moscow I sure as hell wouldn't want to caught in between a Derby fight.

No, no thanks. We were thinking of going for the World Cup and even that didn't sit well with me. Especially after my friend kept going on about how we'd meet up with all his old buddies. hahahaa Kill me now.

No, CSKA vs Spartak derbies are messed up. I wouldn't mind being at a match though.....away. Throw some chairs. Light some fires. You know....the usual degen noise.

Lots of messiness going on in Syria, stuck this here, because it involves Russia, as well as Turkey; at the forefront anyway. But the U.S. and Israel are also mucking about, along with Iran. Sigh.

Well, maybe the fear of getting Poloniniumed is real?

AoD

It sure is.

It's too bad that the "west" completely dropped the ball after the fall of the USSR and didn't support their rebirth as they did with Germany and Japan after WWII.

Germany and Japan are now free, stable, and prosperous nations and allies of the "west".

Russia could have been a part of the EU by now and, I kid you not, NATO.

Alas, they it devolve into the kleptocratic oligarchic pseudo-autocracy it is now. Not much of a change from the USSR days, actually.

It sure is.

It's too bad that the "west" completely dropped the ball after the fall of the USSR and didn't support their rebirth as they did with Germany and Japan after WWII.

Germany and Japan are now free, stable, and prosperous nations and allies of the "west".

Russia could have been a part of the EU by now and, I kid you not, NATO.

Alas, they it devolve into the kleptocratic oligarchic pseudo-autocracy it is now. Not much of a change from the USSR days, actually.

Maybe, but I have my doubts Russia could have gone the way of Germany or Japan.

AoD

Maybe, but I have my doubts Russia could have gone the way of Germany or Japan.

AoD

When the USSR broke up they were on the brink of civil war and a coup. Yeltsin was barely able to hang on to control of the country while everything was going to hell in a handbasket.

No amount of assistance from the west would have changed their ways.

Interesting hypotheses, guys. Care to elaborate as to why you think Russia was beyond redemption with help?

Vladislav Surkov: Russia's Putin dismisses secretive adviser

Russian President Vladimir Putin has dismissed one of his closest advisers, Vladislav Surkov.

The secretive strategist was known as the grey cardinal in Russia due to his perceived influence on the president behind the scenes.

He was widely seen as an aide who helped Mr Putin cement his hold on power.

Landmark second world war ceremony in Moscow poses dilemma for UK and US

Countries question whether to attend amid questions over division in the west and Russian military action

Julian Borger in Washington
Tue 25 Feb 2020 10.00 GMT

Russia has never been willing to accept help. Ever since 1917 they have been skeptical of interference in their affairs.

Sort of like a post-Cold War Marshall Plan? Part of the goal of the Marshall Plan was to hinder the spread of communism, so I would imagine there would have been little to no international, let alone US, appetite to spend billions on something they figured was dead anyway. I have also read that the USSR was offered to participate in the Marshall Plan but refused.

Back