News   Jul 30, 2024
 145     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 824     1 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 541     0 

Vice Guide to North Korea

Wow. Vice is basically propaganda for American kids! Scary. What a pathetic spoilt brat is Shane Smith!

Please expand. . .

I thought it was fascinating. I'd love to have gone on that trip myself but the guilt from giving money to the DPRK government would be too much.

One of the comments was that someone should make a movie about a guy who goes into North Korea to rescue the tea girl. I'd watch that.

I agree. I felt sadness for this woman. For that moment she became the collective representative for all those in North Koreans who can still imagine something positive about what the rest of the world might be like.

Very revealing. 1984 came true in North Korea.

There's a new series, on National Geographic, I believe, called "Don't tell my mom I'm in...". The last episode was filmed in North Korea. A true twilight zone. It's as if time stood still in 1954. The funny thing is that unfinished hotel in Pyongyang was one of the tallest buildings in the world until the 1990s. Apparently you are encouraged to take long distance pictures of it, but no close-ups (where you can see that it is unfinished).

Back