News   Jul 12, 2024
 936     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 829     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 336     0 

Verdale Condos, The (Remington Group) - Real Estate -

I am new to this forum and was interested in buying a condo in this site but was hoping for a taller building and saw your question.

I have a friend who bought a unit in Mississauga City Centre on the 26th floor and she had to pay about 3 - 4K in levys on closing -- she was told by her lawyer that this is common especially in new city construction and the city's make a lot of money from the developers -- no wonder mississauga taxes are low.

Does anyone know if there any available penthouse units in this builidng?

I am new to this forum and was interested in buying a condo in this site but was hoping for a taller building and saw your question.

I have a friend who bought a unit in Mississauga City Centre on the 26th floor and she had to pay about 3 - 4K in levys on closing -- she was told by her lawyer that this is common especially in new city construction and the city's make a lot of money from the developers -- no wonder mississauga taxes are low.

Does anyone know if there any available penthouse units in this builidng?

I'm adore living in a tall(er) building, which is why I chose to buy a condo outside of Markham even though my roots are here ... Solaris @ Metrogate is going to be 40 storeys, that's the reason why I chose that building (unfortunately that type of height in not available in Markham)

As it stands now, developments in Markham Centre (including Downtown Markham, Uptown Markham, CIRCA, Majestic Court, EKO) does not exceed 16 storeys ... there is potential that future towers in this area may reach up to a maximum of 20 storeys, but that is the highest it will get ~

3-4k closing costs + recoveries are pretty common ... on top of lawyer fees

if you want to find out about suites availability @ Verdale ... call 905.948.9900 :)

thanks Solaris - i looked at Solaris - but it's in scarborough and i grew up there and will never go back --- markham for me is ideal and downtown markham is perfect: close to 404, highway 7, 407, etc. plus it's nice to be in a development that is LEED registered -- do you know if remington got certified -- you seem to have a lot of information about all of the buildings in the development?

I heard that the only thing holding back Markham from approving taller buildings was the buttonville airport and with that around the town could not approve too tall buildings - do you know if the buttonville airport is going?

I checked the sales office - no penthouses left - i will have to wait until the next building is released --- i can imagine that there will probably be a line up for those units if the building is taller.

do you really think the tallest will be 20 storeys? I'm kind of looking forward to markham taking a leap and allowing taller than 40 --- that will be something for downtown markham - and great revenue for markham.

Is the 20 storey limit because of the airport there (which is now closing)?

Even if it is ... that would be really out of place for the current downtown Markham plan ... if you're going to see tall buildings I doubt it'll be in downtown Markham, it'll be elsewhere in Markham.

the ~20 storeys height limitation is due to the Buttonville Airport flight path restrictions, which recently announced it would be closing sometime in the future ... but given the 20s limit is already an 'increased height' from the original 16s limit resulting from the recent 'built form height program review' done by the Town Planning Department, I doubt further increases to the planning framework in to allow towers in excess of 20 storeys will be likely in Markham Centre for future developments given the planned vision for the area (plus proximity to the existing Unionville neighbourhood ... NIMBYism from the residents in nearby single detached homes play a major role here)

There are slightly taller towers that are going to be proposed in Markham, up to 26 storeys I think ... on Markham Road north of 16th Avenue (close to the Mount Joy GO station)

See below thread for further information:
Governor's Square (LEED Silver, Markham & 16th, Anagni, 2x 24s, Kohn)

Also, another 'application' which proposes 39 storeys has been submitted immediately north of the Unionville GO station, but given the nature of the application (39s seemed like a number pull out from a hat bearing no relationship to the site context), I suspect that application will just sit idle ~

See below thread for more information:
Downtown Markham East (Markham Ctr, MCDC, 39 + 25 + 2x 18 + 3x 10s)

October 16 2009 update

note: sorry these pictures in full size won't work until October 21st ... it appears that my Photobucket 10 GB monthly bandwidth limit has been exceeded ~ :eek:

Verdale 1 (Bldg 'G') - windows up to the 9th floor
Click to Enlarge

Verdale 2 (Bldg 'H') - all bricked, no windows yet

Verdale 3 (Bldg 'I') - bricked up to the 2nd floor

The 3 Verdale Towers Together

Thanks Solaris for the update pics. I'm also going to be living at Verdale 1 and excited after reading this thread.

The occupancy for Verdale 1 is supposedly November 2010 and I just got invited to pick my furnishings. For anyone who has a condo at verdale, you can go to the Design Studio on the weekends 11 - 5 and they will ask you to sign in so just put your condo, you don't have to mention that you got invited or not. Weekends are open invitation. However, for Verdale, there isn't much to look at but there is a lot of non Verdale stuff at the design studio.

Thanks Solaris for the update pics. I'm also going to be living at Verdale 1 and excited after reading this thread.

The occupancy for Verdale 1 is supposedly November 2010 and I just got invited to pick my furnishings. For anyone who has a condo at verdale, you can go to the Design Studio on the weekends 11 - 5 and they will ask you to sign in so just put your condo, you don't have to mention that you got invited or not. Weekends are open invitation. However, for Verdale, there isn't much to look at but there is a lot of non Verdale stuff at the design studio.
Thanks for the info. :) Is the appointment just for picking the appliances, or are you meant to select the finishes as well? I'm really interested to know whether the Verdale appliancse and finishes differ from the Bijou ones. Hope to hear your report. :)

Thanks for the info. :) Is the appointment just for picking the appliances, or are you meant to select the finishes as well? I'm really interested to know whether the Verdale appliancse and finishes differ from the Bijou ones. Hope to hear your report. :)

Appointments would be with a design advisor during the weekday 9-4ish time frame. Weekends are for you to browse around by yourself.

The appointment is meant for you to choose everything I believe: finishes, appliances, upgrades. Sorry I didn't look at the appliances; I don't recall seeing them there. It will just be black, white, or stainless steel right?

I have a question: If I upgrade, is the cost added to the purchase price such that our property tax will be a %age of the purchase value + upgrades?

I have a question: If I upgrade, is the cost added to the purchase price such that our property tax will be a %age of the purchase value + upgrades?
Yes, normally they'll add it onto the purchase price. You can, however, ask them if you can pay for it separately.

Yes, normally they'll add it onto the purchase price. You can, however, ask them if you can pay for it separately.

Actually, in my three condo purchases all upgrades had to be paid for up front and could not be rolled into the purchase price of the unit. I'd check with the builder ahead of time to be sure.

Actually, in my three condo purchases all upgrades had to be paid for up front and could not be rolled into the purchase price of the unit. I'd check with the builder ahead of time to be sure.
When we bought our house, the upgrades were added to the purchase price. We didn't know any better at the time, so didn't inquire further. Will be asking this time, though.

I also just heard from a friend that a buyer who bought Bijou 1 bed unit and is closing now was advised that they have pay $7500 for some development fee on top of all the other regular closing fees? And because this buyer did not have a lawyer to look at the purchasing agreement, they have no choice now but to pay that $7500, where as normally the lawyer might have put in a clause in the agreement so that the buyer is only responsible for up to a maximum amount only, and the rest will have to be paid by the developer........

anyone heard of such fee? If this is the ccase for Bijou, then does this mean Verdale buyers will have to face the same fee? that's a big amount.......:(

FYI

My friend is also in the same situation but he is to pay around 10k in levy tax... I haven't got updated for the case so I'll keep everyone posted.

Appointments would be with a design advisor during the weekday 9-4ish time frame. Weekends are for you to browse around by yourself.

The appointment is meant for you to choose everything I believe: finishes, appliances, upgrades. Sorry I didn't look at the appliances; I don't recall seeing them there. It will just be black, white, or stainless steel right?

For those who already went to the invitation, can they give us an update of what happened?

Greatly appreciated.

Back