News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Verdale Condos, The (Remington Group) - Real Estate -

tissot

Member Bio
Reaction score
I went to their townhouse model homes (I think they were townhouses) last week and I was impressed with what I saw. I thought the rooftop and second floor terrace was very cool. The ensuite was massive and beautiful. The fact that you can have your own elevator in the house is a pretty neat idea, a bit of an overkill, but cool.

given what Remington was charging for a townhouse (~$600,000) ... I would expect some exclusive features in these townhouses~

Hi all, I am new to the site......Thank You Solaris for the continuous updates

I am not too familiar with the condo construction process, but now that Building G and Building H have already got the roof completed, usually how much longer will it take for the builder to finish and start moving people in? I wouldn't think more than a year, right? Or does it take much longer to complete the rest of the exterior and interior? Say like not ready for Occupancy until 2011.....is that acceptable?

I am not too familiar with the condo construction process, but now that Building G and Building H have already got the roof completed, usually how much longer will it take for the builder to finish and start moving people in? I wouldn't think more than a year, right? Or does it take much longer to complete the rest of the exterior and interior? Say like not ready for Occupancy until 2011.....is that acceptable?
Sounds like you've purchased a unit in one of the buildings. May I ask which one? We might be neighbours. =)

welcome to UT pending ~

Building G's (Verdale 1) exterior is basically completed (all bricked) ... Building H (Verdale 2) is waiting for brick installation ... I don't expect Remington to take a year to finish the interiors for these two buildings, so occupancy sometime in 2010 sounds reasonable.

What did the builder give you as an estimated occupancy and has there been any delay notices sent?

Solaris - wow you are really up to date with the status eh....how or where do you get all these info? And yes I wouldn't expect it would take Remington another full year to complete the rest of the building and be ready for occupancy until 2011......but I was given a date for 2011....so am totally shocked and not pleased.......as I believe most purchasers have been waiting since 2007

Nier - yes as you can tell already, I will be your neighbour IF by that time I haven't decide I can't wait any longer.....haha....it really sux when you thought that you are coming closer and closer to the date of having your own place, then all the sudden, woof, they tell you is not ready for another WHOLE YEAR.......but yes yes, it's still within the allowable extension time as per the purchasing agreement, so as a purchaser, we can do nothing but wait....

Nier - yes as you can tell already, I will be your neighbour IF by that time I haven't decide I can't wait any longer.....haha....it really sux when you thought that you are coming closer and closer to the date of having your own place, then all the sudden, woof, they tell you is not ready for another WHOLE YEAR.......but yes yes, it's still within the allowable extension time as per the purchasing agreement, so as a purchaser, we can do nothing but wait....
I'm not too happy with the delay either. I'd originally thought I'd have a year at the unit before the need to relocate for my studies arose. Now, depending on how things go, I might not even get to live there before I might have to move across the country. :(

I'm not too happy with the delay either. I'd originally thought I'd have a year at the unit before the need to relocate for my studies arose. Now, depending on how things go, I might not even get to live there before I might have to move across the country. :(

u should voice ur concern to Remington or to City of Markham.....and really there are other condos around the premises that started selling and building around the same time, but people are already moved in....:(

u should voice ur concern to Remington or to City of Markham.....and really there are other condos around the premises that started selling and building around the same time, but people are already moved in....:(

really ? which condo is that ??

If I recall correctly, when Verdale was launched, Majestic Court, EKO, and even CIRCA 2 (whom has been delayed) were already selling for a little while, thus its not a suprise to me that these buildings are now occupied (in advance of Verdale)

Personally, I would not expect any condo to be completed by the builder's original "estimated occupancy" especially since most builders estimate a 2 year time frame ... realistically I see most condos built in 3-4 years after sales first begin

And allow me to clarify, often delays are caused by the builder or their consultantant rather than the municipality ... in this case Remington may be blaming Town of Markham for the delay, while in actual fact the Town has no involvement in it

The problem I find too often is that builders start selling condo even before they start the municipal approval process (application), such as Bazis' One Bloor and Emerald Park projects ... I understand that if a project is well into the application process (half way perhaps?), there would be an indication from City/Town Planning staff the general direction they are going towards thus giving enough assurance for a builder to start sales + marketing ... however when there is no clear indication that a project would be approved but a builder starts selling units, when problems arise with the approval, it's stupid that builders would blame the City/Town ... it is simply a FACT that they have not receive the required municipal approvals :(

really ? which condo is that ??

If I recall correctly, when Verdale was launched, Majestic Court, EKO, and even CIRCA 2 (whom has been delayed) were already selling for a little while, thus its not a suprise to me that these buildings are now occupied (in advance of Verdale)

Personally, I would not expect any condo to be completed by the builder's original "estimated occupancy" especially since most builders estimate a 2 year time frame ... realistically I see most condos built in 3-4 years after sales first begin

And allow me to clarify, often delays are caused by the builder or their consultantant rather than the municipality ... in this case Remington may be blaming Town of Markham for the delay, while in actual fact the Town has no involvement in it

The problem I find too often is that builders start selling condo even before they start the municipal approval process (application), such as Bazis' One Bloor and Emerald Park projects ... I understand that if a project is well into the application process (half way perhaps?), there would be an indication from City/Town Planning staff the general direction they are going towards thus giving enough assurance for a builder to start sales + marketing ... however when there is no clear indication that a project would be approved but a builder starts selling units, when problems arise with the approval, it's stupid that builders would blame the City/Town ... it is simply a FACT that they have not receive the required municipal approvals :(

ummm.....maybe u are right, the other condos u named probably did start selling before Verdale, but I don't think it would have been 1.5 year earlier, right? I know EKO and Circa phase I started first, but the Times Group started later, and units are occupied already.......but as per Remington, Verdale has to wait until April 2011......which really :eek: me a bit....

anyhow I am just venting.....afterall, not much I or other purchasers can do at this point but wait......but all the pictures and updates are GREAT!!! THANKS;)

I am actually considering the purchase of a small unit at Verdale on the Valley - has anyone placed an order at Verdale on the Valley here?

Thanks for the continued updates, Solaris.

I'm glad they decided to go with black frames for the windows. I was afraid they'd go with brown or grey, which would only contribute more to the overall beige-ness of the buildings.

Me too! Thanks Solaris for the on-going updates! I'm new here and I am also one of the to-be neighbours too!

I wonder if there are any chance they would move the occupancy date earlier...

I was told by a friend that they notify the buyers a few months in advance to go to The Brick to select their "six pieces".

Does anyone know if the finishes are going to be similar to what they have at Rouge Bijou? And do the two phases use the same interior design company? I'm not too impressed with what I've seen of the Bijou interiors so far.

Does anyone know if the finishes are going to be similar to what they have at Rouge Bijou? And do the two phases use the same interior design company? I'm not too impressed with what I've seen of the Bijou interiors so far.

FYI

I was told by a friend that Bijou just received their closing documents...

I also just heard from a friend that a buyer who bought Bijou 1 bed unit and is closing now was advised that they have pay $7500 for some development fee on top of all the other regular closing fees? And because this buyer did not have a lawyer to look at the purchasing agreement, they have no choice now but to pay that $7500, where as normally the lawyer might have put in a clause in the agreement so that the buyer is only responsible for up to a maximum amount only, and the rest will have to be paid by the developer........

anyone heard of such fee? If this is the ccase for Bijou, then does this mean Verdale buyers will have to face the same fee? that's a big amount.......:(

FYI

I was told by a friend that Bijou just received their closing documents...

Back