News   May 06, 2024
 656     1 

Verdale (Downtown Markham, Remington, 14 + 2x 10s, Quadrangle) COMPLETE

August 26 2009 update

Distance View of the 3 Verdale Towers - from Highway 7 + Entreprise Blvd
Click to Enlarge Thumbnails

Verdale 1 (Bldg 'G')

First windows installed on Verdale 1 - the black frames actually makes the mud coloured bricks look good :)
IMG_1560.jpg

Verdale 2 (Bldg 'H') - brick being applied up to the 3rd floor

Verdale 3 (Bldg 'I') - 14th floor being poured ... this is the top floor !

Future Courtyard Amenities Area for the Verdale Condominiums
IMG_1561.jpg

Last edited:
September 3 2009 update

A distance view of the 3 Verdale Towers from Highway 7 ~ (Verdale 3 looks to have topped off the last floor! :))

IMG_1574.jpg

September 14 2009 update

Verdale 1 (Bldg 'G') - crane's down, windows up to the 3rd floor

Verdale 2 (Bldg 'H') - crane's down, brick up to the 6th floor

Verdale 3 (Bldg 'I') - now topped off, precast up to the 6th floor

Thanks for the continued updates, Solaris.

I'm glad they decided to go with black frames for the windows. I was afraid they'd go with brown or grey, which would only contribute more to the overall beige-ness of the buildings.

January 5 2010 update

Verdale 1 (Bldg 'G') - balcony railing glass up to 9th floor
Click to Enlarge

Verdale 2 (Bldg 'H') - windows up to 9th floor, balcony railing glass up to 6th floor

Verdale 3 (Bldg 'I') - brick up to 11th floor, windows+balcony railing frames up to 4th floor

Lobby Entrance to Verdale 1

Balcony Railing Glass - nice clear vision glass :D

Thanks for the update, Solaris. I can't believe they're still working on the buildings in this weather - it's freezing! I hope the workers aren't too cold. :eek:

Yes, thanks for the update pictures. Still wondering why does the progress of the Tridel building seems to be going much quicker than Remington's...both going up at the same time under the same weather condition......arrrgh:confused:

Anyone know what's going on with that front (yellow) section of Verdale 1? They've been working on that for months. Aren't there supposed to be windows there?

indeed my above photo shows the entrance for Verdale 1, which was never very substantial as proposed

the more significant "main entrance" was always intended to be located between Verdale 2+3

March 3 2010 update

Verdale 1 (Bldg 'G')

Verdale 2 (Bldg 'H')

Verdale 3 (Bldg 'I')

The 3 Verdale towers ~

Neat Detail with Canopy Shades Over Top Floor Windows - quite European looking
IMG_2124.jpg

I'm kind of impressed... these buildings are handsome. The detailing is particularly interesting.

Fascinating stuff going on up in Markham... creating a city centre in an empty field is not easy, it will be interesting to see if they can pull it off.

Great pics! Looks like construction's coming along nicely. And is it just me, or does it seem like they've started on the interiors? This pic seems to show what look like cabinets by the 2nd floor window.

4485406121_ac5caacd54_b.jpg

Back