News   Mar 28, 2024
 976     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 549     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 843     0 

UT Forum New Design?

We're working on making it work better. Similar things happened back in 2007 when we switched from ezboard to vBulletin. Not everybody was thrilled by the change initially but after a while we all got used to it.

I agree with that. People get used to a particular "look" for a given board, and any change from that takes a while to get used to. I would prefer a less white background, though, just because it would be easier on my eyes.

It's a hard time to be an Administrator.
Every single little feature or design layout of the old forum has a fanbase of some segment of the population. No change will go without disappointing someone.

Now I'm going to turn around and ask for more things.
I have a feature request.

Now that there's a decent mobile-friendly view of the site, I'm using my phone for it a lot more. I've found that it's rather hard to accurately hit the "go to first unread message" button in the forum view. I see two possible solutions:
1) Use a larger image for the "go to first unread message" button
2) Make the entire thread link go to the first unread message (how much do people actually go to the first page of a thread?)

This isn't asking about something broken, but it's just an observation of some usability improvements that can be made. Nothing urgent.

I'll add to this too. Is there a way of viewing the forum in a sans-serif font? I find it a lot easier on the eyes. A "go to first unread message" button would be fantastic too.

I'm sure the look of the forum will improve as it matures in its current format. One improvement is that posting is more intuitive once you get used to it - responding to multiple posts, inserting links, etc. are easier now.

Please enable the "Mark Forums Read" button in each forum. This software allows for marking only the current forum read or all read when you do this. Right now we only have the option to mark them all read.

I agree with the view first unread post target as being very small and hard to hit on a mobile decice. Thanks for adjusting the layout though so that the avatar of the thread starter is on the right now because when it was on the left it made it too easy to hit the avatar and not the read first unread post dot.

Back