1K     1 

Urban Toronto Design Competition

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Attention Web/Graphic Designers and Fans of An Urban Toronto

Urban Toronto is launching a design competition. We want to give UT a brand new look, one that is distinctive from other forums which also use vBulletin. And we'd like one of our own to do the job.

The Details:

Part One: Design a new logo for Urban Toronto. (ding ding ding... bonus points if you submit an icon image file to go with it!)

Part Two: Design a new layout for the site, keeping in mind the following parameters:
- take a look at a few vBulletin 3.xx templates for guidance, some sites to check out include vbstyles.com, vbskinworks.com
- colour scheme is open (though we like the idea of using Toronto's colours), use the logo from part one (oops, that's obvious, right?)
- incorporate a container for the "photo of the day" - 300w x 225h
- header and footer need to both contain an area for a Google banner, 468x60 (there's various google sizes so you could be creative with this)
- the new design will be used for any future expansion of the site
- competition is now open and submissions will be accepted until November 1, 2007
- submissions should be sent to: urbantoronto@chartattack.com
- entries should be submitted as jpg or png, the winner will be asked to send the layered file at a later date so hold onto it!
- all entries become the property of Urban Toronto
- the winner will get our eternal gratitude and credit on the site, including a link to your personal site if so requested.

The five best submissions as choosen by the mods will be presented to the Urban Toronto membership to vote on. The design with the most votes will be developed into the new look!

Contact us at the above email address if you have any questions.

Thanks
The Mods

I assume the designer retains the right to display the work as part of their portfolio?

I'm by no means a designer, but I do want to say that what I love about this site is that there is very little to distract me from the text and photos. (Even all those emoticons are too much).

This site is about content; words, really.

In my opinion... to whoever ends up re-designing it: Keep it simple.

I assume the designer retains the right to display the work as part of their portfolio?

Of course. And the link and credit is meant to help promote the designers work.

I'm by no means a designer, but I do want to say that what I love about this site is that there is very little to distract me from the text and photos. (Even all those emoticons are too much).

This site is about content; words, really.

In my opinion... to whoever ends up re-designing it: Keep it simple.

No harm in making it look like something more than a generic vBulletin forum. And the photo of the day was a trademark UT look that many, including myself, liked very much.

You, Gangavih, Andrew3D, BillyCorgan, and Ed007.

Oh, and Mike in TO.

And Cassius and ShonTrons.

There are 8 of you. Very lucky according to some Asian customs.

Bully for us!

In fact, there may be some other closeted straights on the forum, and a couple of members whose gay cards were revoked, and other flagrant breeders I missed, so in fact there may be a good 10% of the membership born that way.

Anyway, not to put constraints on those working up a design for the competition, but lose the Page 3/ Page 4 pic ideas.

You, Gangavih, Andrew3D, BillyCorgan, and Ed007.

Oh, and Mike in TO.

And Cassius and ShonTrons.

There are 8 of you. Very lucky according to some Asian customs.

Bully for us!

You can add me to the hetero list.

This is shaping up to be a very busy month for me but I'll do my best to submit a proposal.

Back