244     0 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 255     3 

Urban Sprawl in Toronto

GermanPhil84

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I'm a geography student from Germany and I'm looking for some statistical data to work with in a research paper. The general topic is urban sprawl and the social structure in the GTA or CMA.

I need:
-the growth rate of GTA's/CMA's population
-the growth rate of the GTA/CMA (house building)
-statistical data about the population: income, age, education, ethnicity, ... the more, the better

I'd like to do a comparison of the data from two different years/decades... If possible 1981 and 2006 (1980ies & after 2k). Do you have any suggestions/hints where to find this data? Of course, there is statictics canada, but is there more content or are there more places on the web or do you know special books?
I would really appreciate any help!!!

Thanks a lot!

So long!

Phil

All that data is available from Statistics Canada. Have you already figured out how to get population counts, growth rates, and simple demographics for all communities going back to 1996 on the site?

If you can't find what you need on their website, then you should get in contact with them. I understand that they are actually a fairly good, customer-focused organization to deal with.

If some data is not available for free on the website, it would available for free on computers at Canadian universities and available in hard copy at Reference libraries. As such, if it's not on the Statscan website then I'm skeptical that you would be able to find it for free anywhere else online.

Back