Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

...though, on a technicality, I should point out that "Cruptal Blown" is the proper collective name for the combined project of Crystal Blu and the Uptown.

Doing! Waaaaah-waaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Never hit me. Will reboot following installation of this patch, and then might have to reread all SNF 'Blown' entries.

You are right that buildings can't lean or rest on each other--that makes perfect sense, you don't want a domino effect of one building knocking down another if one fails. However, there is nothing that says that buildings can't be built up against each other. They can. It happens all the time.

I think in some circumstances you are probably right, however I am pretty sure that the building code stipulates that buildings are not allowed to touch- you can see it all over the place- hey, but I could be partially wrong too!

p5

July 21

These cranes are insane.

PICT1730.jpg

These two are going to be very fun to watch as they rise. I understand they'd never build the towers right against each other, but I'm surprised they didn't build the podiums together. It would've created a nice streetwall.

Regardless, I like both of these towers, and hope they are finished to high standards. More height (say twice as tall :p) would've been nice too, but hey that's asking a bit much.

Foundation for both projects. Was invited in to take this one as well a few others by the chief.

2703140122_5b70f79383_b.jpg

I am pretty sure that the building code stipulates that buildings are not allowed to touch

yeah, not sure how the exteriors between the inch gaps are supposed to be maintained. I imagine the idear has to do with settling and heaving

I still resent Uptown being gone, but at the bright side Famous Players doesn't exist anymore as a company.

I fail to see the bright side of that.

They used to build buildings at this height right up against each other, so I don't see why it couldn't be done today. Nonetheless, they're still pretty close.

I fail to see the bright side of that.

Famous Players is the same company that closed down the Uptown, Eglinton, Elgin, Capitol, etc. The company got took over by Cineplex but you still got Empire Theatres still expanding across Canada but in a slow pace. Famous Players have been a household name before Cineplex and Empire, it is just another big company that went down.

Back