News   Apr 22, 2024
 776     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 260     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 664     0 

University Avenue Triangle

Taken on May 11 2008

There is no news on this triangle other than nothing has been done so far. It is likely still in the planning stages.

CIMG8479.jpg

I've walked through that triangle countless times. They should make it easier to cut through it without walking around it. Would improve pedestrian flow.

that photo really highlights another gem of a building that not many people talk about: 1 University Ave. Love it, love it, love it! Now if they could have built it about 5 times as tall we would have one heck of a landmark!

i think the triangle where the park is going is completely over the green P garage below it, so it likely won't be affected

nstuch:

I was just thinking of the mess the PATH cut and cover operation would cause to any landscaping at the triangle in general. Besides, one can only hope they will use the same design vocabulary on that site instead of something that will end up completely mismatched with the design plan for the district.

AoD

Looks like the PATH expansion is to be one-third funded by the city, with matching provincial and federal contributions. The provincial contribution is a virtual certainty, since GO has stated that they are willing to kick in one-third of the estimated $65 million cost, but good luck with the almost $22 million needed from the federal government.

I don't care how many people think Dion is a poor leader, i'd still vote for him over Harper 100 times over.

Announcement tomorrow

found this googling around - from thebulletin.ca, apparently there will be an announcement Oct 2...

City, Fairmont Hotels unveil beautification at University Ave.

Mayor David Miller and councilor Pam McConnell together with representatives of the Fairmont Royal York hotel will celebrate the transformation and renaming of the area known as the University Avenue Triangle - the land bordered by Front Street, University Avenue and York Street.

With its corporate headquarters located in the downtown core and the Fairmont Royal York close by, the redesigned triangle represents Fairmont’s commitment to the community, its strong connection to Toronto’s railway heritage as well as its progressive environmental commitments.

This is one of the projects resulting from the City of Toronto’s Clean and Beautiful City Program, which is designed to revitalize city streetscapes and improve key parts of Toronto’s public spaces.

The event will take place Thursday, October 2 at 10 a.m. at the area located north of Front Street, at University Avenue and York Street

2008-10-01 17:33:50

found this googling around - from thebulletin.ca, apparently there will be an announcement Oct 2...

City, Fairmont Hotels unveil beautification at University Ave.

[...] This is one of the projects resulting from the City of Toronto’s Clean and Beautiful City Program, which is designed to revitalize city streetscapes and improve key parts of Toronto’s public spaces.[...]

2008-10-01 17:33:50

Hmph, what a load of bs.

goodie ... better PATH connections

Hmph, what a load of bs.

Care to elaborate? I have to say the Clean and Beautiful City program, despite its cheesy name, has made a good impact on the city, focusing on community and small initiatives to improve the cityscape. I think the best example are the large planter boxes that are being put on local streets that are being maintained by local residents (i.e. St. Joseph Street is a particular success). That being said, there's still a far way to go, and it's good to see that at least there's a good effort.

Yes I completely agree ... I hate how cynical most people are ...

Back