Who will be the next US president?

• John McCain

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 80 77.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 14.6%

• Total voters
Good article. Hillary is just floating right now.

Hillary Clinton may not realize it yet, but she’s just endured one of the worst weeks of her campaign.
. . . .
Last week, an important Clinton adviser told Jim VandeHei and Mike Allen (also of Politico) that Clinton had no more than a 10 percent chance of getting the nomination. Now, she’s probably down to a 5 percent chance. Five percent. Let’s take a look at what she’s going to put her party through for the sake of that 5 percent chance:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/25/opinion/25brooks.html?_r=3&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Also, McCain will not beat Obama. He's already admitted to not understanding the economy, and has suggested that Iran is training Al-Qaeda THREE times.

So let's see, what are the top two issues in the US? The economy and Iraq, and McCain is clueless on both.

Coloured?

The 1950s came and went a long time ago. I, for one, am disturbed by your continued usage of outdated (and in earlier cases, now considered racist) terms for minorities.

NAACP notwithstanding.
No offense intended. If it's good enough for the NAACP, one of the country's foremost human rights organizations, then it's good enough for me. I was going to use the term "minority" "or even visible minorities" so can use these in future if you prefer, as a description of the demographic that seldom votes, but now is predicted to vote in large numbers because of Obama's, err....shade.

Now, if we can only get the United Negro College Fund to change their racist, backward ways.

Wait and see. Who would have thought that the US would vote in Bush for his second term. The American voter is a strange animal.

While I have the same fear, I know that neither Clinton nor Obama is a John Kerry. He ran a terrible campaign.

McCain's strength was his maverick style, but that's all gone out the window over the last year. He's turned into a pandering, flip-flopping stand-for-nothing, and his war-talk is plain scary.

Wait and see. Who would have thought that the US would vote in Bush for his second term. The American voter is a strange animal.

And nothing like an environment of fear or war to make people hedge their bets.

And nothing like an environment of fear or war to make people hedge their bets.

It's far too different this time around.

1) Clinton and Obama are MUCH better candidates than Kerry.

2) Karl Rove is out.

3) The economy. This will be the new fear come election time, and it does not favour the Republicans with John McCain as their leader.

Am I trying to convince myself? A little bit.

Hillary's flub up on this African visit is not a signifcant issue. Its going to be headlines for the next week and then the campaigns will move on. While its certainly not good, the fact is a politician in her position can respond by simply stating it was over 10 years ago, she can't remember, and she was thinking of another circumstance where that did happen.

For Obama supporters I'm sure this looks like the Holy Grail to pull down Hillary and topple her for good, but really that's not the case at all.

This campaign goes on into May because the next primary is still a month away.

Hillary's flub up on this African visit is not a signifcant issue. Its going to be headlines for the next week and then the campaigns will move on. While its certainly not good, the fact is a politician in her position can respond by simply stating it was over 10 years ago, she can't remember, and she was thinking of another circumstance where that did happen.

For Obama supporters I'm sure this looks like the Holy Grail to pull down Hillary and topple her for good, but really that's not the case at all.

This campaign goes on into May because the next primary is still a month away.

Africa?

You make a good point: There isn't going to much give either way, so why is Hillary still in this?

Michigan and Florida won't count...

Really? I guess we've come a long way from the days of J. Edgar Hoover...

;-) He's Republican, so don't be surprised.

No matter what, my opinion of the Clintons has been tarnished forever.

Vive la Obama!

No matter what, my opinion of the Clintons has been tarnished forever.

Vive la Obama!

In all honesty, there is a lot about this primary season not to like, and its about all sides involved. I've been shocked at how poorly that Hillary's campaign has been run.

The Clintons are masters of political science, polling, and the pulse of the nation. Its very clear they do things in order to get elected, because without being able to be elected you have zero power.

That is why I support Hillary, I think she's a better politician with better chances of getting things done.

But I cannot deny the travesty of the way her campaign has been run, she should have been ahead from long ago.

In my eyes, there's nothing squeaky clean about Barack Obama. He's got lots of history in the Chicago community of playing dirty games to make money and some highly questionable real estate deals. Does this disqualify him? Absolutely not, but he hasn't earned his squeaky clean image. While the Reverend Wright circumstance really doesn't phase me, Obama has proven time and time again he has liabilities that, if made into an issue this fall, makes his electability fall through the ground.

These are some basic reasons why I support the Clinton campaign, not because I dislike Obama any great amount.

That is why I support Hillary, I think she's a better politician with better chances of getting things done.

Bush is a moron and a lousy politician, yet he still managed to get plenty of things done - unfortunately.

Their policies are a wash, so you look for character:

Obama has run a less negative campaign, was right on Iraq, and was amazingly honest in his race speech.

Clinton has a corporate past, was wrong on Iraq, and was running a negative campaign long before Obama.

Back