News   Jul 22, 2024
 32     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 941     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 4K     7 

TTC: Streetcar Network

What is that history?
The Toronto Harbour Commission built tracks along Queens Quay from the CPR’s freight yard north of Fleet Street (around Fort York) to CN’s Don Yard just west of the Don River. CN didnt want the TTC to operate streetcars between Fleet St and the Portland area so they deliberately installed trackage in way such that the TTC wouldnt be able to operate in.

Good history piece here:

And here:

The Toronto Harbour Commission built tracks along Queens Quay from the CPR’s freight yard north of Fleet Street (around Fort York) to CN’s Don Yard just west of the Don River. CN didnt want the TTC to operate streetcars between Fleet St and the Portland area so they deliberately installed trackage in way such that the TTC wouldnt be able to operate in.

Good history piece here:

And here:
Thank you for that. I knew Toronto was a working port, but I never envisioned so much railway infrastructure along the shore.

Thank you for that. I knew Toronto was a working port, but I never envisioned so much railway infrastructure along the shore.
There used to be a ramp from GO Bathurst North yard area that went up to Spadina Ave and crossover it and Front St to that triangle parking lot area where a yard was for picking up good from them or putting goods on them. I remember seeing tracks on QQ after service ended for their needs until they were removed to Redpath which know have been removed to Parliament.

There is
There used to be a ramp from GO Bathurst North yard area that went up to Spadina Ave and crossover it and Front St to that triangle parking lot area where a yard was for picking up good from them or putting goods on them. I remember seeing tracks on QQ after service ended for their needs until they were removed to Redpath which know have been removed to Parliament.
Thee is a huge amount on the old freight branch lines at https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/maps-of-torontos-old-rail-lines.25310/

Back