News   Apr 25, 2024
 300     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 959     3 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

Well I’m not optimistic. I fully anticipate the COVID has changed the way we work so let’s put this on hold until we see how work from home unfolds. That said the government is going to be in a real mess post COVID and I won’t blame them for being shy to waste money on things like this.

Most offensive part of this is that the SSE hasn't even begun construction yet.
I mean it will have by the time it actually shuts down. Construction should *finally* begin by end of this year from my understanding.

But yea - 7 years of bussing sucks. And is totally a result of over a decade of waffling on this file.

This thread should be renamed, TTC: Scarborough Bus Screw Job, formerly SRT Replacement

There exists a thread called "Debate on the merits of Scarborough subway", created specifically for the subway-haters. But they do not want to use that thread.

There exists a thread called "Debate on the merits of Scarborough subway", created specifically for the subway-haters. But they do not want to use that thread.
Subway haters. That’s true. The downtown elites hate subways. That’s why the Ontario line isn’t using subway tech and is above ground in some places downtown. Good thing those downtown elites didn’t ruin the grand vision of Scarborough.

Perhaps they should wait until Eglinton East LRT is complete.

They should have prioritized EE LRT many years ago. That was possible under Miller (instead of Sheppard East), then again once Rob Ford left the office in 2014/2015, but never really took hold.

Now it is too late, even if they finalize the design and start construction ASAP, it won't be built sooner than 2028-2029.

They should have prioritized EE LRT many years ago. That was possible under Miller (instead of Sheppard East), then again once Rob Ford left the office in 2014/2015, but never really took hold.

Now it is too late, even if they finalize the design and start construction ASAP, it won't be built sooner than 2028-2029.
Eglinton east was never going to be constructed before the central portion which is yet to be complete so I don’t know how it could have been prioritized under Miller. Blame everything on Miller. It’s all the big lefties fault. The world has done much better with fords and trumps in charge.

Subway haters. That’s true. The downtown elites hate subways. That’s why the Ontario line isn’t using subway tech and is above ground in some places downtown. Good thing those downtown elites didn’t ruin the grand vision of Scarborough.

Well, I don't mind renaming this thread into something like "Let's bitch about SSE", if that makes you happier.

But that won't be useful, will it?
1. Those who support SSE will create a new thread and migrate there.
2. Those who have an issue with SSE will post in the old thread for some time, then will get tired preaching to their echo chamber, and will move to the new thread.
3. The old thread will become stale and fade, while the new thread will remain active and carry the new name selected at Step 1.

Last edited:
Eglinton east was never going to be constructed before the central portion which is yet to be complete so I don’t know how it could have been prioritized under Miller. Blame everything on Miller. It’s all the big lefties fault. The world has done much better with fords and trumps in charge.

1. Not only Miller, it could be prioritized after Miller as well, during John Tory's tenure.
2. I do not want to blame Miller at all. His period was very positive for our transit overall. He did make some mistakes in choosing priorities, but still advanced the big picture.
3. EE LRT totally could be constructed without the central section, it just would need a yard near the EE LRT route. Curiously, the recent plans for EELRT do include a yard near the EE LRT route anyway, so it would just mean changing the order of construction.

Most offensive part of this is that the SSE hasn't even begun construction yet.

That's true, and not related to the choice of technology or route. The endorsement of SSE came in 2013, it is 2021 now, it should have been in the middle of construction by now if both th city and the province did not drag their feet.

That's true, and not related to the choice of technology or route. The endorsement of SSE came in 2013, it is 2021 now, it should have been in the middle of construction by now if both th city and the province did not drag their feet.
Both conservative parties which allegedly are pro subway and pro suburb.

Back