935     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 535     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 830     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

TTC to ‘stay up all night’ for Nuit Blanche this weekend

Sept. 29, 2022

For the first time since 2019, Nuit Blanche is set to return in person this weekend. To help customers travel around the city and view the exhibits with ease, the TTC will be operating all-night subway service this Sat., Oct. 1 through to the morning of Sun., Oct. 2.

Service on Lines 1, 2, 3 and 4 will run overnight until Sun., Oct. 2 at 8 a.m., when regularly scheduled Sunday service resumes. Night buses and streetcars will operate as usual. In addition, there are no scheduled subway closures this weekend.

“We’re pleased to help welcome Nuit Blanche back to our city for the first time since the pandemic began, by providing a safe and reliable transit option for riders,” said TTC CEO Rick Leary. “I encourage everyone to take the TTC to get out and see the exhibitions, including the art at subway locations.”

Two of the exhibitions will be located on TTC property - one at North York Centre Station and the other at Kipling Station. Designed by artist Teho Ropeyarn, and titled “Anab amalitadthi wutpu anaamu atinyima anab apudthamang anama,” the large-scale prints explore spiritual narratives between people, land and ancestors. The title translates to “We inherit this ancient blood, and our ancient land, water and sky.”

Customers can enter North York Centre and Scarborough Centre stations at no charge from 7 p.m. Sat., Oct. 1 until 7 a.m. Sun., Oct. 2. Customers should keep their transfer, or their tapped PRESTO card/PRESTO Ticket as Proof-of-Payment and be prepared to show it to TTC staff if requested.

Some routes will also be diverting to accommodate Nuit Blanche festivities, including the following:

• 19 Bay
• 72B Pape
• 121 Esplanade – River
• 172 Cherry
• 501 Queen
• 320 Yonge

Customers are encouraged to visit ttc.ca and subscribe to e-Alerts or follow @TTCNotices on Twitter for more information.

Surprise, surprise. Employees (former and present) at TTC HO complaining about work conditions:

So when the fruit is rotten right at the core and spreads to the rest of the organization at what point is enough, enough? Staff at Head Office aren't happy with management, front line workers aren't happy with management, customers aren't happy with management but yet the clown CEO himself isnt being held accountable for any of it? Leary is long past his expiration date.

Surprise, surprise. Employees (former and present) at TTC HO complaining about work conditions:

So when the fruit is rotten right at the core and spreads to the rest of the organization at what point is enough, enough? Staff at Head Office aren't happy with management, front line workers aren't happy with management, customers aren't happy with management but yet the clown CEO himself isnt being held accountable for any of it? Leary is long past his expiration date.

I’m glad the media is covering this. After all, TTC employees aren’t really allowed to speak freely about the organization, which really, should be a red flag. Word is Leary himself can be a real rude piece of sh*t if you are in conflict with him.

Reactions: JBR

In respect of the bolded.......that date was sometime before he left his job in Boston.

I’m glad the media is covering this. After all, TTC employees aren’t really allowed to speak freely about the organization, which really, should be a red flag. Word is Leary himself can be a real rude piece of sh*t if you are in conflict with him.

In respect of the bolded.......that date was sometime before he left his job in Boston.
Well from all the details we know about how he "retired" in Boston, he really doesnt like to be held accountable for his actions. So I wouldnt be surprised he acted aggressively or in a confrontational tone anytime he's challenged on something.

How the city managed to pick this guy from the bottom of the barrel, with full knowledge of how he left the MBTA in Boston will never cease to amaze me. It's just dumbfounding.

If you were John Tory, would you hire an activist who badgers you for more funding left right and centre (Byford)? Or would you hire a lap dog (Leary)?

If I were the Mayor; I would hire Byford 11 times out of 10 over Leary or his ilk.

I would value competence, and someone I can trust to exercise delegated authority, and give honest advice.

The reality is that few bureaucrats (or private-sector managers) want to slash their own budgets, and frankly few should.

Sometimes, there are efficiencies to be had, to be sure; but almost always that department/agency has a long list of items to which the savings can and should be applied.

I, for one, feel confident in my ability to make decisions and to argue their merits; I feel no need for someone soft and pliable whose understanding of their own subject matter is suspect to make me feel comfortable or safe.

I don't see why any mayor should require that. If you need 'yes men'; then you need to go. It means you're incapable of arguing for your position, and incapable of showing leadership

This just reports how much the TTC went downhill. Good luck recruiting more women with this kind of toxic behaviour. I bet all the good mangers are quitting and leaving a bunch of a**holes not giving much. Hence no one cares why all the buses are on one end of the route.

I'm honestly at a loss for words...

Screenshot 2022-10-07 183134.png

TTC making changes to improve service on 506 Carlton during construction along the route

Oct. 11, 2022

Beginning this Thurs., Oct. 13, the TTC will revise service on the 506 Carlton route in order to speed up trip times and improve customer experience.

To get around numerous important construction projects on Carlton and College streets, TTC service will completely bypass those streets between Osssington Avenue and Parliament Street.

The TTC will instead take a new approach, running replacement buses along the nearest parallel corridors and diverting streetcar service to Dundas Street. A replacement 506C bus service will operate between Ossington Station and Castle Frank Station via Ossington Avenue, Harbord Street, Hoskin Avenue, Queen's Park, University Avenue, Gerrard Street and Parliament Street.

“We know the diversions along the 506 route have been inconvenient and confusing for our customers,” said TTC CEO Rick Leary. “With this new approach, we hope that we can provide consistency, and better service for customers who use the route regularly. We will continue to monitor customer feedback and adjust service if required to provide the best experience possible.”

Customers should note that buses and streetcars will not stop at College Station. Instead, they should board 505 Dundas or 506 Carlton streetcars at Dundas and St Patrick stations, or a 506C Carlton replacement bus at Queen's Park Station.

Alternatively, customers can take advantage of the frequent north-south service operating on the 63 Ossington, 65 Parliament, 75 Sherbourne, 510 Spadina and 511 Bathurst, as well as Line 1 subway service.

These service changes will remain in place until the end of the year pending construction completion.

The TTC will be communicating this new routing to customers using a number of methods, including social and digital media, pole cards and station signage. Customers can scan a QR code on the signage which will link them to a dedicated landing page on the TTC website to provide easy access to route-specific information. Transit ambassadors will also be on hand along the route to direct customers to 506 boarding and offloading locations.

The TTC will have dedicated Wheel-Trans service available through the diversion area for those needing connections. Customers can speak to any TTC customer service staff member for assistance.

Construction along College and Carton streets is to complete several TTC and City of Toronto projects that include streetcar track replacement, cycling and pedestrian infrastructure upgrades, transit stop improvements, hydro utility repairs and streetscape improvements.

The TTC is committed to keeping customers informed about work and events that impact service and about alternate routes. For the most up-to-date information, follow @TTCNotices on Twitter or sign up for e-Alerts.

The TTC is committed to keeping customers informed about work and events that impact service and about alternate routes.
I'm surprised you think that!

I see zero changes to the streetcar route they've been using since Labour Day - looks to me like this is just (another) tweak in the bus route. I'm surprised the Church/Carlton construction is now stretching into December.

I'm surprised you think that!

LOL; Drum is literally quoting the TTC from here: https://www.ttc.ca/news/2022/Octobe...6-Carlton-during-construction-along-the-route

He just didn't use quotation marks or make that clear.

I see zero changes to the streetcar route they've been using since Labour Day - looks to me like this is just (another) tweak in the bus route. I'm surprised the Church/Carlton construction is now stretching into December.

This is what the diversion looks like now:

1665511302206.png

So, there is no change to the streetcar; but the bus is removed college follows Harbord/Hoskin all the way to Queen's Park/University, then follows Gerrard entirely to Parliament.

So the bus is more than a tweak, the only part of the route staying the same is existing Harbord section.

Back