News   Apr 16, 2024
 403     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 403     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 755     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Sad to see the centre medium gone. I miss those holidays decorations.

It is unfortunate, but I think the median will had to go eventually as part of YongeTOmorrow:

1640136156607.png

(From Chapter 8 - Preferred Design Concept of the ESR)

AoD

Note to add to the above.........

We know an announcement about regional fare integration of some kind is coming from the province in the not too distant future..........

I wonder if that might coincide w/this TTC report...........

On Friday, I noticed TTC has no 3rd trail track in place on the east end like the west end. Was expecting to see it up to where a switch will have to be cut into the westbound track. The switch cut in will most likely cause a weekend shut down in early 2022.

When did TTC get an BRT system as I had to laugh reading this article??

I also sent a note that they need to get their facts right as we are NA, not South America or Mexico where triple articulated buses are legal as well in Europe. Did say TTC had express buses, not BRT.

BRT have their place vs LRT.

I asked why does it cost more to built LRT and Subways in NA vs the World. Lets see if I get a response.

A cheaper, flexible public transit option

When did TTC get an BRT system as I had to laugh reading this article??
Probably refers to VIVA or MiWay.
I also sent a note that they need to get their facts right as we are NA, not South America or Mexico where triple articulated buses are legal as well in Europe. Did say TTC had express buses, not BRT.
I agree, the article glosses over many aspects of the BRT/LRT debate.
BRT have their place vs LRT.

I asked why does it cost more to built LRT and Subways in NA vs the World. Lets see if I get a response.

A cheaper, flexible public transit option

TTC Service Schedules for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day

Dec. 29, 2021

For New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, the TTC will run on modified schedules as follows:

New Year’s Eve – Fri., Dec. 31

• Regular weekday service
• Overnight buses will continue to run as usual

New Year’s Eve subway service

Line 1 Yonge-University:

• Last northbound train from Union Station to Finch Station departs at 1:47 a.m.
• Last northbound train from Union Station to Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Station departs at 1:51 a.m.
• Last southbound train from Finch Station to Union Station departs at 1:20 a.m.
• Last southbound train from Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Station to Union Station departs at 1:04 a.m.
• The last northbound train on Line 1 will connect at Bloor-Yonge Station with the last eastbound and westbound trains on Line 2 Bloor-Danforth at 1:54 a.m., and with the last eastbound train on Line 4 Sheppard at 2:13 a.m.

Line 3 Scarborough

• Last eastbound train will depart Kennedy Station at 1:30 a.m.
• Last westbound train will depart McCowan Station at 1:16 a.m.

New Year's Day – Sat., Jan. 1, 2022

• Regular Sunday service
• Subway and most routes will start at 8 a.m.

Regular TTC service will resume on Sun., Jan. 2, 2022.

I wonder if they've looked into building over track around Davisville (and other open air sections)? Their has been proposals for the Davisville area. CreateTO could use the air rights above TTC tracks to secure more affordable housing along all appropriate open sections of subway track.

I previously answered this post.........here:

Nothing is listed yet..........but the TTC is aware of an opportunity. (I mean general, not a specific proposal).

Josh Matlow is strongly pushing for park space on a deck over the tracks north of the yard.

The Yard itself is a bit more challenging for a variety of reasons (the TTC needs the capacity and the yard would have to remain operational not only at completion, but during construction; at the south end, the footprint of existing buildings is extremely close to the yard tracks as is (separation distance); also in addition to the obvious, Yellow Creek runs directly under the subway yard in a very large tunnel.

All that said, I expect you will see development here, but not in the near term.

Also the TTC is set to transfer their HQ to the City (likely CreateTO) which will put in the queue for redevelopment; once the TTC finds new digs.

But I have something new to add.

From the workplan for the City's Planning Department:

1641403346322.png

1641403326831.png

1641403373779.png

TTC CEO Rick Leary contract is up in Feb and will he see it renew or calls for a new CEO?? There been some talks that Rick Leary contract will not be renew and will stay on until a new one is found or he leaves.

He has a poor track record as well increasing upper manage 3 levels in place of one under Andy.

Even though station managers remain the same, the number of staff under them has triple to the point complaints are being made how dirty stations are now.

Back