News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 825     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

See link.

Should the higher-ups decide that Dundas Street has to have its name changed, it'll also mean we'll have to change the name for the 505 DUNDAS streetcar and maybe two or three subway stations.

If we go with "St. Patrick Avenue" since "St. Patrick Street" exists, there would be no need to change "St. Patrick Station". We may have to change "Dundas Station" to "St. Patrick East" Station, and "Dundas West Station" to "St. Patrick West Station".

See link.

Should the higher-ups decide that Dundas Street has to have its name changed, it'll also mean we'll have to change the name for the 505 DUNDAS streetcar and maybe two or three subway stations.

If we go with "St. Patrick Avenue" since "St. Patrick Street" exists, there would be no need to change "St. Patrick Station". We may have to change "Dundas Station" to "St. Patrick East" Station, and "Dundas West Station" to "St. Patrick West Station".
Honestly it'll just add more confusion than good. Yonge and Dundas is one of the most famous intersection in the city and you change it, what good is that? Barely anyone knows the history of it.

They are better off spending the money on community initiatives to actually help people than change a name of the street and create chaos with 1000+ business' address.

"Just don't want to" isn't a valid excuse when there is a pandemic going around.

AoD

I agree; though, I would wonder, if the policy were enforced, how one would practically address those with asthma or COPD (would we require a doctor's note?).

In the context of transit use, I think simply providing proper advice (weeks ago) would have been helpful. Inconsistent and incorrect advice was unhelpful to say the very least.

I agree; though, I would wonder, if the policy were enforced, how one would practically address those with asthma or COPD (would we require a doctor's note?).

In the context of transit use, I think simply providing proper advice (weeks ago) would have been helpful. Inconsistent and incorrect advice was unhelpful to say the very least.

It's pretty clear they won't be enforcing it - have you ever seen TTC enforcing much of anything?

AoD

Their efforts on fare enforcement has been, and continues to be a joke.

AoD

An expensive joke!

Well over 10M next year; not including the special constables (111 Fare Inspectors, 72 special constables)

That doesn't include the 2.8M in anti-racism investment triggered by the behavior of said crew.

Throw in the cost of the Special constables and we're well north of 23M all in.

Motion by Councillor Bradford to next TTC Mtg, June 17th, 2020 to fasttrack all 5 Bus Priority Routes.

Five Transit Priority Corridors in the TTC’s 2020-24 5-Year Service Plan:

•Jane Street: from Eglinton Avenue to Steeles Avenue
•Dufferin Street: from Dufferin Gate to Wilson Avenue
•Steeles Avenue West: from Yonge Street to Pioneer Village Subway Station
•Finch Avenue East: from Yonge Street to McCowan Road
•Eglinton Avenue East/Kingston Road/Morningside Ave – from Kennedy Subway Station to University of Toronto Scarborough

Target Installation Date: September 1st, 2020!!!!

Full TTC Agenda for June 17, 2020

Presentations/Reports/Other Business

1. Chief Executive Officer's Report - June 2020 Update (For Information) Link opens in PDF document
  2. Approved Minutes of the Advisory Committee on Accessible Transit (ACAT) General Monthly Meeting for January 30, 2020 (For Information) Link opens in PDF document
  3. TTC Status Update – Information & Cybersecurity Strategy (Confidential Attachment – this report contains information related to the security of the property of the municipality or local board) (For Action) Link opens in PDF document
    3.a Supplementary Report – Information and Cybersecurity Strategy – Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) (For Information) Link opens in PDF document
  4. COVID-19 – Transitioning from Response to Restart and Recovery (Confidential Attachment – This report contains information relating to a recommended position to be applied to any negotiations to be carried out by the TTC) (For Action) Link opens in PDF document
  5. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP Audit Results Report on the Toronto Transit Commission Consolidated Financial Statements for the Year Ended December 31, 2019 (Forwarded from the Audit & Risk Management Committee meeting of June 3, 2020) (For Action) Link opens in PDF document
  6. Draft Consolidated Financial Statements of Toronto Transit Commission for the Year Ended December 31, 2019 (Forwarded from the Audit & Risk Management Committee meeting of June 3, 2020) (For Action) Link opens in PDF document
  7. Annual Review of TTC’s Safety, Health & Environment Management System (Forwarded from the Audit & Risk Management Committee meeting of June 3, 2020) (For Action) Link opens in PDF document
  8. Streetcar and Track Noise – King Street East and Sumach Street (For Information) Link opens in PDF document
  9. Waterfront East LRT, Union Station and Queens Quay Link (For Action) Link opens in PDF document
  10. Geotechnical and Geo-Environmental Consulting - Triennial Services (For Action) Link opens in PDF document
  11. Sheppard West Station - Subway Ventilation System (For Action) Link opens in PDF document
  12. Notice of Motion – Fast-tracking Bus Priority Transit Lanes on Five Critical Suburban Corridors (submitted by Commissioner Bradford, seconded by Commissioner McKelvie) (For Action)

Motion by Councillor Bradford to next TTC Mtg, June 17th, 2020 to fasttrack all 5 Bus Priority Routes.

•Eglinton Avenue East/Kingston Road/Morningside Ave – from Kennedy Subway Station to University of Toronto Scarborough

That would be awesome! I wonder if they can finish by September though.

Are these to be bus-only lanes? I'm most curious to see how they plan to pull that off on Dufferin...

Are these to be bus-only lanes? I'm most curious to see how they plan to pull that off on Dufferin...

Bus priority is more ambiguous.

I would expect a total parking prohibition; and transit-priority at lights to top the list.

I would also think some stop rationalization may be in the works.

I doubt absolute lane reservations will be the norm; but I reserve the right to be pleasantly surprised.

Bus priority is more ambiguous.

I would expect a total parking prohibition; and transit-priority at lights to top the list.

I would also think some stop rationalization may be in the works.

I doubt absolute lane reservations will be the norm; but I reserve the right to be pleasantly surprised.
The primary concern for absolute bus-only lanes (at least in the short-term) would be construction, since there's a couple of projects along Dufferin that are blocking lanes right now (the Crosstown LRT at Eglinton and a development going up just north of Queen, although I forget what it's called). Total parking prohibition and transit-priority at lights would still make a fairly significant difference, but as you said, we may still be pleasantly surprised with bus-only lanes. They could also implement bus-only lanes on less busy or wider parts of Dufferin, although I feel that's a bit less likely.

That would be awesome! I wonder if they can finish by September though.

Finch Avenue East: from Yonge Street to McCowan Road

Should be in the hydro corridor, like the York Busway.

But it wont be, because we don't do anything right in Toronto anymore. Subways where there should be LRTs, LRTs where there should be subways.

Back