News   Apr 25, 2024
 41     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 336     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.2K     1 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

I agree; though, I would wonder, if the policy were enforced, how one would practically address those with asthma or COPD (would we require a doctor's note?).

In the context of transit use, I think simply providing proper advice (weeks ago) would have been helpful. Inconsistent and incorrect advice was unhelpful to say the very least.

I had an argument with a troll on Reddit claiming he would refuse to wear one and if they prevented him from boarding he would stand in front of vehicle until they did.If they still refused he claimed he would force his way onto the front door of the vehicle. He felt that it was god given right not to wear one and nobody could force him to.

I promptly replied that if he tried to stand in front my bus and prevent it from moving, I would knock him on his ass, drag him to the curb and wave as the bus drove away. I told him that I refused to be late for work because he is a nutbar.

I had an argument with a troll on Reddit claiming he would refuse to wear one and if they prevented him from boarding he would stand in front of vehicle until they did.If they still refused he claimed he would force his way onto the front door of the vehicle. He felt that it was god given right not to wear one and nobody could force him to.

I promptly replied that if he tried to stand in front my bus and prevent it from moving, I would knock him on his ass, drag him to the curb and wave as the bus drove away. I told him that I refused to be late for work because he is a nutbar.
They aren't refusing boarding. It will be mandatory ... sort of.

I already know of some nutbar drivers who will most likely refuse boarding to passengers without face coverings of some kind, regardless of if there is a special case. People who have certain medical conditions should no doubt be exempt, but I have no idea how some drivers would be convinced of that.

I already know of some nutbar drivers who will most likely refuse boarding to passengers without face coverings of some kind, regardless of if there is a special case. People who have certain medical conditions should no doubt be exempt, but I have no idea how some drivers would be convinced of that.

The problem is that medical exemptions are basically rubber stamps to say you don't have to abide by the law.

Unlike the good ol' days you can't tell someone to show proof of a disability or deny service. The AODA and human rights act says you can't discriminate.

I recall stories from years ago (Early 90s) where my father had an addict huffing glue from a bag in the back of his bus. The bus had children on it so he asked him to get off due to his drug use.

The addict said no and told him off. Rather than wait for an inspector and inconvenience everyone he picked him up and tossed him out the back door before continuing on.

Back then nobody would care and people would even thank the operator while acting as a witness. Now people would file a human rights complaint saying the addict was brutalized by the driver because of his disability.

Since there's so much conversation about renaming Dundas Street maybe Dundas West Station should be renamed Bloor to match the GO station? Just a thought. Figured the GO station would become Dundas West, eventually, but here we are!

Since there's so much conversation about renaming Dundas Street maybe Dundas West Station should be renamed Bloor to match the GO station? Just a thought. Figured the GO station would become Dundas West, eventually, but here we are!
I think there's already a TTC subway station called Bloor!
A better idea might be renaming both the subway and GO station with a new name if that part of Dundas Street has its name changed -- Roncesvalles, Perth, West Bend, South Junction, or something else.
I was near the subway station a couple of years ago and a confused looking person asked me where the Eaton Centre was, and I told him he would have to take the subway or streetcar downtown. I only realized later that this guy probably got off the subway when he saw "Dundas" as part of the name on the subway station wall, and mistakenly thought he must have been at the station under the Eaton Centre.

Last edited:

"Dundas West Station" should be renamed "Roncesvalles Station". The station is about 350m north of Roncesvalles Avenue itself, but some subway stations in the sticks can be far from their arterial road that they were named after. Pioneer Village Station is 1km east of Pioneer Village itself.

Last edited:
I always wondered why there isn't more TTC (or even go) express routes going to different nodes. For ex. Kipling station to scarbough.

I always wondered why there isn't more TTC (or even go) express routes going to different nodes. For ex. Kipling station to scarbough.

Do you know how far Kipling is from Scarborough?

That said it is impractical for anyone but GO transit and they are not in the business of running local service within Toronto.

Back then nobody would care and people would even thank the operator while acting as a witness. Now people would file a human rights complaint saying the addict was brutalized by the driver because of his disability.

Can confirm. My Dad told me similar stories - if anything much worse - about the Bloor night bus he drove back in the '70s and '80s. *Very* different times, let's just say back then things were done in a particular manner....

One driver at Lansdowne division back in the day was apparently notorious for literally throwing drunks out the front door, then continuing on as normal.

Last edited:
How do we get the TTC to stop holding its streetcars on Dundas East between Munro and Broadview? It’s becoming a mess.

How do we get the TTC to stop holding its streetcars on Dundas East between Munro and Broadview? It’s becoming a mess.

Is this always a problem? The situation now is probably because 501 & 504 streetcars are being diverted around the King/Queen intersection because of trackwork. Things are supposed to get back to 'normal' on 24th June. I walk past that area fairly often (though not in last few days) and have not noticed it being a problem.

Back