News   Apr 25, 2024
 628     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 520     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 766     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

And THAT is plan B for Toronto's unfixable transit crisis!
In a way yes. Instead of forever expanding the city, ripping up our arable land for more housing, building more subways, transit and infrastructure, how about we declare the city is full, and that people should go elsewhere in this great big, and unpopulated land of ours?

Eventually this must be the conclusion - if we had the best Tokyo-like transit system and all lived in towers, we’d still eventually have to tell newcomers and the developers who flog their products that we‘re full.

Last edited:
Interesting things I noticed today.

The subway terminated at Eglinton today. Boarding a SB train, it says Finch. It was not Finch, it was Eglinton.
IMG_20200308_101030 (2).jpg

Boarding at Union towards Finch (but actual going to Eglinton), the screen says St. Clair.
IMG_20200308_111852.jpg

How come the crossing arms aren't being used for the portal that is used to go to Union.
IMG_20200308_105436.jpg

At Union, this is signage I don't like. Looks like it is saying we have a Line 1 streetcar.
IMG_20200308_111610.jpg

Interesting things I noticed today.

The subway terminated at Eglinton today. Boarding a SB train, it says Finch. It was not Finch, it was Eglinton.
View attachment 235350

Boarding at Union towards Finch (but actual going to Eglinton), the screen says St. Clair.
View attachment 235352

How come the crossing arms aren't being used for the portal that is used to go to Union.
View attachment 235351

At Union, this is signage I don't like. Looks like it is saying we have a Line 1 streetcar.
View attachment 235353
TTC must be drunk today.

Was at Keele Station a few days ago and both sides have only haft a platform. Elevator shaft are being built onto the existing platform. The eastbound platform has steel mostly in place and by the looks of things and a new door will be built to gain access to 89 old bay that is now where 80 used to be. That new door will be the only way to access the platform as the elevator block access from the current door.

They have added bump out extension for the 2 platforms on the north side.

When buses layover on the east side on both side, the 41 artic's have an issue lining up with the platform.

Walking transfer will be in effect for those 6 months of closure.

Not surprise if a route or more is operating out of Malvern in April or May based on my last visit last month, let alone in Dec as most of it was done, excepted inside and the employee parking lot across the street. How much work inside to be done unknown since the doors were close and a full crew on site for a Saturday.

March 4
Keele Station
49643353622_d2f639718c_b.jpg

49642552673_e32711b0a4_b.jpg

49643076771_2e46a6dced_b.jpg

49643076441_571c663ed4_b.jpg

49643353867_514d8a4cd8_b.jpg

49642553403_2979ab90e4_b.jpg

Couple of observations on this:

1) Keele bus platforms are too narrow as is; assuming you leave the relative position of the bus platforms the same, they really need to buy a couple of properties on every side of the station to add at least 2M to the platform width.

Any surplus space could be a bio swale (green, planted ditch for treating storm water)

2) They really should not put the same ceiling back at Keele when they're done, that one is so past is BB date.

Couple of observations on this:

1) Keele bus platforms are too narrow as is; assuming you leave the relative position of the bus platforms the same, they really need to buy a couple of properties on every side of the station to add at least 2M to the platform width.

Any surplus space could be a bio swale (green, planted ditch for treating storm water)

2) They really should not put the same ceiling back at Keele when they're done, that one is so past is BB date.

When KEELE STATION first opened, the plan was that only the 89 WESTON (and the BLOOR streetcar shuttle) would use it. Unfortunately, the BLOOR streetcar shuttle only used a temporary platform at the east end of the station.

Today, we have added the 41 KEELE, 80 QUEENSWAY, 941 KEELE EXPRESS, and 989 WESTON EXPRESS. The 189 STOCKYARDS bus uses the HIGH PARK STATION as its terminal, since KEELE STATION is too crowded. The bus bays need to be expanded to the south. At the moment, even thoughts of extending the 506 CARLTON streetcar into KEELE STATION is impossible. The entire station needs to be rebuilt and expanded.

streetcar-4115-02.jpg

ttc-4487-keele-1966.jpg

From link.

Last edited:
Just because I appropriately damned Mr. Verster for his failings in another thread.

I've had enough of Rick Leary.

I don't think I have ever openly advocated for the termination of someone's employment so obviously. (excepting today)

But a combination of the profound failing of his key strategies (service reliability improvements); which are really Service Reductions.

With his defense of offensive conduct by Fare Enforcement Officers/and his absurd indictment of routine TTC riders

Coupled with his utter absence from public view, and his complete absence of accountability.....

Leads me to one inescapable conclusion. Rick Leary should be relieved of his job. -

Last edited:
A 504 heading eastbound at Bay Street yesterday at 5:20 p.m. Total of eight passengers. There was not an unusual bunching of service.
There was simply no one there to pick up in the financial district. My experience is at this time of day it would normally be no less than 70% full eastbound Bay Street (depends on bunching and the branch of 504 to go higher).

IMG_20200313_172120.jpg

Last edited:

Back