News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 696     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Getting the whole system pan ready has really taken far too long - I can understand why the King/Queen/Roncys intersection has not been done as it is complicated and was supposed to be completely rebuilt several years ago but why is Church still not finished? Surely it is time to say Pantos are the default and poles are the exception at certain locations or diversions?

One of the main reasons why King/Queen/Roncy is being pushed back to 2021 is it would isolate the west end of the network if it were to happen this year alongside work on Bathurst and Howard Park/Dundas

One of the main reasons why King/Queen/Roncy is being pushed back to 2021 is it would isolate the west end of the network if it were to happen this year alongside work on Bathurst and Howard Park/Dundas
well, they are delaying the inevitable. they really shouldve just gone with it, run buses for a little while and modernise as quickly as possible. Now its taking twice as long and twice as expensive .

well, they are delaying the inevitable. they really shouldve just gone with it, run buses for a little while and modernise as quickly as possible. Now its taking twice as long and twice as expensive .
And where do you expect TTC to find ALL these buses for ALL these projects without screwing current bus routes and pissing off riders???...........This is not a TTC project, but the CITY.

And where do you expect TTC to find ALL these buses for ALL these projects without screwing current bus routes and pissing off riders???...........This is not a TTC project, but the CITY.
They could have had them if they didn't retire the older busses so soon. As for storage, they could have put the old busses at CNE loop and at subway stations with bus platforms. If they get vandalized or damaged, the TTC could have just retired them at no incremental cost.

They could have had them if they didn't retire the older busses so soon. As for storage, they could have put the old busses at CNE loop and at subway stations with bus platforms. If they get vandalized or damaged, the TTC could have just retired them at no incremental cost.
Where are the drivers for those buses since TTC isn't going to hire part time drivers or driver for a short time. Overtime will cover a small amount of hours that will be needed to replace the streetcars. How many buses do you think are needed to replace streetcars as that loop will not be able to handle all of them????? Then where do they get service and fuel, let alone have maintenance done on them without screwing buses for all the other routes????

Geeee!!!!!

Where are the drivers for those buses since TTC isn't going to hire part time drivers or driver for a short time. Overtime will cover a small amount of hours that will be needed to replace the streetcars. How many buses do you think are needed to replace streetcars as that loop will not be able to handle all of them????? Then where do they get service and fuel, let alone have maintenance done on them without screwing buses for all the other routes????

Geeee!!!!!
Who says they can't hire part time drivers? As for service and fuel, they can rotate in and out of the existing divisions, maintenance is not required because the busses were on their way out anyways.

Who says they can't hire part time drivers?
ATU local 113

The MOL wouldn't be happy with part-time drivers either.
As for service and fuel, they can rotate in and out of the existing divisions
I don't think you really understand how the TTC division system works do you...
Maintenance is not required because the busses were on their way out anyway.
A bus is not a car, it is a commercial vehicle, and therefore requires far more maintenance than a car, even when it's brand new.

I don't think you really understand how the TTC division system works do you...
A bus is not a car, it is a commercial vehicle, and therefore requires far more maintenance than a car, even when it's brand new.

I do understand the division system, and it's archaic, inflexible, and needs to change. The TTC has already made changes to its station staffing model where part-time contract CSRs augment union CSAs. I don't see why the TTC couldn't implement something similar for drivers. As for busses being commercial vehicles, so are school buses. They get placed wherever it's convenient, and they get rotated in and out of the depot whenever service or maintenance is required. Instead of servicing vehicles mainly at night, the TTC could service more vehicles during the day and store them offsite for later use to better utilize the agency's assets.

Who says they can't hire part time drivers? As for service and fuel, they can rotate in and out of the existing divisions, maintenance is not required because the busses were on their way out anyways.
You REALLY do not understand how things work..... you seem to be suggesting putting unchecked buses out into service which is simply illegal (or at least very dangerous).

Juicy indeed - it shows a Sheppard West Extension getting the most fan fare in the document. Sheppard east is referred to as both a subway and LRT within the document - but is in the refined category vs Medium Priority for Sheppard West.
Some projects previously deferred are being brought back or modified. I like how Waterfront West is being extended to Mississauga to meet with the Hurontario LRT instead of Long Branch but this should really be for another thread.

You REALLY do not understand how things work..... you seem to be suggesting putting unchecked buses out into service which is simply illegal (or at least very dangerous).
No, I'm not, stop putting words in my mouth. The driver can be responsible for checking the bus during layovers (as is the case in most commercial vehicle operators). VIA/CN/CP do this with their trains, Greyhound and school bus operators do it with their busses, These operators also often store their trains and busses in unsecured areas overnight. It's inefficient for the TTC not to do the same.

Back