1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 570     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 874     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Last edited:
Holy crap! Where did that come from?
Its been in the pipeline the last 5 years and to go where it was proposed about 5 years ago. Lot of it was held up waiting for permission to build under Hydro One overhead lines. It was to be built along the lines of VP layout. It been in the capital budget for years or supposed to be.

They better put in more than one elevators, as there will be an issues with one of them at any given time. Having one only is a joke and a slap in the face of the accessibility community.

Its been in the pipeline the last 5 years and to go where it was proposed about 5 years ago. Lot of it was held up waiting for permission to build under Hydro One overhead lines. It was to be built along the lines of VP layout. It been in the capital budget for years or supposed to be.

They better put in more than one elevators, as there will be an issues with one of them at any given time. Having one only is a joke and a slap in the face of the accessibility community.

Having only one elevator assumes that the one elevator will NEVER breakdown, undergo maintenance, nor be put out of use. That is why I hope the new stations of the Crosstown LRT will have more than one elevator to serve them.

Likely after the old stations of Line 1 and Line 2 get their elevators installed, after 2025, they will then start to install second elevators.(Not going to happen with the fiscal conservatives on city council and Queen's Park, to whom money is more important than service.)

In other parts of the world, people are used to pressing the button on the tram (streetcar) door to open them, both inside and outside. Here, we still wait for the operator to open the door for us. Not for much longer, I hope. Why open the doors in the heat of summer or the cold of winter, when no one is getting on or off.
I hate when streetcars are dwelling at loops too, such as Broadview, and the operator just keeps all doors open for five minutes as they take their break. It a waste of climate control and makes the customers uncomfortable. Those buttons are there for a reason.

I hate when streetcars are dwelling at loops too, such as Broadview, and the operator just keeps all doors open for five minutes as they take their break. It a waste of climate control and makes the customers uncomfortable. Those buttons are there for a reason.

GO does this late at night over at Union Station with the exception of the handicap coach.

From Steve Munro's Twitter..............service on the O'Connor 70 is so bad, it stunned even him.

Service gaps up to 2 full hours!

While the TTC does need more money; this does not help its case at all, when this is what you allow w/what you have.

From Steve Munro's Twitter..............service on the O'Connor 70 is so bad, it stunned even him.

Service gaps up to 2 full hours!

While the TTC does need more money; this does not help its case at all, when this is what you allow w/what you have.

This is pretty common to both the 70 and the 91 & 93. The section of O'Connor between Woodbine and St. Clair has become a huge problem over the past 5 or 6 years or so, and it isn't uncommon to have buses take 15 minutes to pass through that stretch. The 93 bus - 1 bus scheduled on a 24 minute headway/roundtrip - regularly misses 2 or 3 trips on Saturdays and Sundays and so is technically running between 48 and 72 late at the end of the day.

Dan

This is pretty common to both the 70 and the 91 & 93. The section of O'Connor between Woodbine and St. Clair has become a huge problem over the past 5 or 6 years or so, and it isn't uncommon to have buses take 15 minutes to pass through that stretch. The 93 bus - 1 bus scheduled on a 24 minute headway/roundtrip - regularly misses 2 or 3 trips on Saturdays and Sundays and so is technically running between 48 and 72 late at the end of the day.

Dan

I drive that stretch regularly, outside of rush hour I never recall it being so jammed as to cause delays of that magnitude.....

Also, Steve's analysis shows buses leaving Coxwell Stn in pairs or triplets. No real excuse for that!

I drive that stretch regularly, outside of rush hour I never recall it being so jammed as to cause delays of that magnitude.....

Middays and evenings during the week, it's not that bad. And during rush hours, the schedule has allowed for at least much of the congestion.

When it gets spectacularly bad is on weekends.

Dan

Back