News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 605     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 896     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Broadview could, probably, be extended further east into the parking lot?
It wouldn't need extending. All they have to do is build an indoor structure where much of the covered outdoor space is - similar to the modifications at Woodbine and Pape. I'm surprised they didn't do that when they added the second entrance.

For Coxwell, if the diagonal platforms are just a foot or two too short, could always add some concrete to the platforms to the south ... there's more than enough space for the buses to loop around. Though it might interfere with the illegal parking in the loop.

Last edited:
For Coxwell, if the diagonal platforms are just a foot or two too short, could always add some concrete to the platforms to the south ... there's more than enough space for the buses to loop around. Though it might interfere with the illegal parking in the loop.

Currently, the 'extra' space in that loop is also used for buses to layover.

I think a couple of extra feet as it were is probably all that's at issue in respect of length; however, as the two short platforms meet, lengthening would require a change in angle of both of the short-sides of the station/platform.

There might be enough room. I haven't tried to work it out. So I'm not sure.

As for Broadview and Pape, I think the Ontario Line would shift many riders away from buses. The 100 and 25/81/925 would lose most of i's riders from Thorncliffe Park area.

I agree in respect of Pape. I'm not so sure about Broadview, as most of the routes out of Broadview serve areas south of the valley which run perpendicular to the O/L (Broadview (which serves O'Connor), Cosburn and Mortimer; along with the streetcars which serve areas south of Danforth. the O/L may take the edge off; but certainly the difference won't be as large as it will be for Pape.

I agree in respect of Pape. I'm not so sure about Broadview, as most of the routes out of Broadview serve areas south of the valley which run perpendicular to the O/L (Broadview (which serves O'Connor), Cosburn and Mortimer; along with the streetcars which serve areas south of Danforth. the O/L may take the edge off; but certainly the difference won't be as large as it will be for Pape.
If the 505 DUNDAS streetcar gets shifted over to the GERRARD STATION on the "Ontario" Line, that should "free up" some space at BROADVIEW STATION for the BROADVIEW streetcar. If they don't reroute the 505 streetcar eastern terminal, they'll need to build a third track at BROADVIEW STATION for the BROADVIEW streetcar.

201758-transit-network.jpg
From link.

That’s true. The streetcar riders will stay. It’s more of the bus riders that can shift. Even the 87 Cosburn riders can board are Cosburn Station if they are coming from downtown avoiding Bloor-Yonge.

Even if the 505 moves to Gerrard Station, the Broadview riders will just end up on the 504 or the further Broadview streetcar.

Attachments

• 1625355497112.png
    1625355497112.png
    806.8 KB · Views: 114
It wouldn't need extending. All they have to do is build an indoor structure where much of the covered outdoor space is - similar to the modifications at Woodbine and Pape. I'm surprised they didn't do that when they added the second entrance.

The time to extend the platform (and ideally the sheltered area) was when Coxwell’s bus loop was redone and the buses were loading on Strathmore. Now an art piece has been mounted on the wall facing the parking lot, so doubtless a loop extension will cause much handwringing.

Currently, the 'extra' space in that loop is also used for buses to layover.
As the buses have no problems laying over now, with multiple cars parked there, things could be tightened up a bit.

The time to extend the platform (and ideally the sheltered area) was when Coxwell’s bus loop was redone and the buses were loading on Strathmore. Now an art piece has been mounted on the wall facing the parking lot, so doubtless a loop extension will cause much handwringing.
I don't see any need to touch that wall. I'm just talking about a wee bit of concrete - similar to the modifications in 2020 for the 504 platform at Broadview. Perhaps it's fine the way it is - I'm not sure what the minimums are.

As the TTC has made noises about opening up fare payment to other bidders when their agreement w/Presto comes to an end (2027).........

Several companies have begun to kick the proverbial tires.

Matt Elliot has coverage in his latest City Hall Watcher, and Lobbyist watch, for which he has dropped the paywall.

Just search 'Presto' to find the relevant material (or read the whole issue!)

Link here: https://graphicmatt.substack.com/p/chw130

Why is it that Toronto has a hate having nature and open air transit right-of-way combined?

Because in Toronto there are really no places where you can do this sort of thing.

Unless you redirect the Bloor-Danforth line through High Park or the Sheppard Line via Edwards Gardens there is no feasible way to do this.

Back