3.3K     13 
News   Jul 31, 2020
 1.1K     3 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Cleaning cost money. Can't spend money on cleaning. Once every 10 years is fine for the fiscal conservatives.
To be fair to the TTC, the subway and vehicles are MUCH cleaner these days than they were before Andy Byford made cleanliness a virtue! Some things (like Warden?) are not really dirty, they just need a fresh coat of paint!

Richard White

Member Bio
Reaction score
To be fair to the TTC, the subway and vehicles are MUCH cleaner these days than they were before Andy Byford made cleanliness a virtue! Some things (like Warden?) are not really dirty, they just need a fresh coat of paint!
True. I have seen some stations that are much more coated with brake dust.

Northern Light

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks like mandatory masks coming to TTC.

I think there is still value in that, at least for a time; but peak-value was 3 months ago.

1591879934247.png

max

Member Bio
Reaction score
Is it there goal to make it harder for people to ride it or do they have some plan for people who can't or just don't want to wear a mask for various reasons.
The plan for that is no enforcement.

Everyone has heard that it is recommended you wear masks but when you tell people it is mandatory there is a nudge that will cause more to wear them. It will not be universal, just like fares, but if we can get higher compliance we will slow the spread of the virus.

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
See link.

Should the higher-ups decide that Dundas Street has to have its name changed, it'll also mean we'll have to change the name for the 505 DUNDAS streetcar and maybe two or three subway stations.

If we go with "St. Patrick Avenue" since "St. Patrick Street" exists, there would be no need to change "St. Patrick Station". We may have to change "Dundas Station" to "St. Patrick East" Station, and "Dundas West Station" to "St. Patrick West Station".

Steve X

Member Bio
Reaction score
See link.

Should the higher-ups decide that Dundas Street has to have its name changed, it'll also mean we'll have to change the name for the 505 DUNDAS streetcar and maybe two or three subway stations.

If we go with "St. Patrick Avenue" since "St. Patrick Street" exists, there would be no need to change "St. Patrick Station". We may have to change "Dundas Station" to "St. Patrick East" Station, and "Dundas West Station" to "St. Patrick West Station".
Honestly it'll just add more confusion than good. Yonge and Dundas is one of the most famous intersection in the city and you change it, what good is that? Barely anyone knows the history of it.

They are better off spending the money on community initiatives to actually help people than change a name of the street and create chaos with 1000+ business' address.

Northern Light

Member Bio
Reaction score
"Just don't want to" isn't a valid excuse when there is a pandemic going around.

AoD
I agree; though, I would wonder, if the policy were enforced, how one would practically address those with asthma or COPD (would we require a doctor's note?).

In the context of transit use, I think simply providing proper advice (weeks ago) would have been helpful. Inconsistent and incorrect advice was unhelpful to say the very least.

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
I agree; though, I would wonder, if the policy were enforced, how one would practically address those with asthma or COPD (would we require a doctor's note?).

In the context of transit use, I think simply providing proper advice (weeks ago) would have been helpful. Inconsistent and incorrect advice was unhelpful to say the very least.
It's pretty clear they won't be enforcing it - have you ever seen TTC enforcing much of anything?

AoD