News   Jul 27, 2021
 2.4K     0 
News   Jul 27, 2021
 1.3K     6 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

kotsy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hopefully TTC never tears down the booths, they may be closing but keep them intact ; the CSR could store his/her stuff in the booth while working their shift.

I also love the writer's idea to have them as observation stations to chronicle and learn about the harried lives of fellow citizens.

Towered

Member Bio
Reaction score
In what may end up being our most controversial video yet, we look at the differences between buses and streetcars and why we think there is still a strong case for properly implemented streetcars!

There are many routes in Toronto where streetcars should make a return where they once ran, and there should be entirely new routes added as well.

Never gonna happen in this regressive city.

Johnny Au

Member Bio
Reaction score
Near the North York, York, & Old Toronto tripoint
From the southbound side of Eglinton Station courtesy of the Geneva Centre for Autism and LPAD, which is the former's marketing agency:

GCA PSD.jpg

Last edited:

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Eglinton really is not holding up well. I am all for saving SOME of the vitrolite but I am thinking that the time has come for a replacement.

The vitrolite tile replacement won't happen until after the Eglinton Crosstown LRT (Eglinton Station) nears completion in 2022.

thettctransitfanatic

Member Bio
Reaction score
4449 had the honour of being the very first car to enter service on 505 this morning. After 2 years, it's intresting seeing cars return the route. Meanwhile 511 is back to buses

Amare

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is something that comes as a big surprise to me, the TTC is temporarily laying off some staff. I never would've thought I would hear the words "layoff" and "TTC" together, ever. Looking forward to hearing the Union come out on this and start talking non-sense (ie: something to the effect of "this is non-constitutional" or "illegal").

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
An excellent report for the Residential and Civil Construction Alliance of Ontario by Stephen Wickens is out.

It examines why subway construction costs have soared in Toronto in recent years.

Little will come as a revelation, but its well evidenced and laid out; and makes clear recommendations to get costs back under control so we can build more at a better price. I highly commend it as some light reading!

rbt

Member Bio
Reaction score
An excellent report for the Residential and Civil Construction Alliance of Ontario by Stephen Wickens is out.

This would have been far more interesting if they compared to construction of other things in Ontario, like residential buildings and highway projects. The Ontario Line is the most expensive project on the list and doesn't suffer much from the high-risk items listed (deep tunnels, overbuilt stations, etc) except where necessary.

I think they'd find some explanation for cost increase by looking at materials cost, labour cost, safety regulation changes, building code, etc.

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This is something that comes as a big surprise to me, the TTC is temporarily laying off some staff. I never would've thought I would hear the words "layoff" and "TTC" together, ever. Looking forward to hearing the Union come out on this and start talking non-sense (ie: something to the effect of "this is non-constitutional" or "illegal").

If the TTC is going to have to lay off staff, usually the ones with seniority will stay on. However there is one problem with that scenario.

5e5fc740fee23d14eb3dd212

From link.

To play it safe, shouldn't the staff that are older than 50 or 60 years of age volunteer to self-isolate at home during this COVID-19? At least ask them if they could volunteer?