News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.3K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 830     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

I'm not aware of any ATC on the Sheppard line.

Doesn't the TTC require transit lines to be automated before they can have one-man operation?

Professionalism 101: Don't write things on whiteboards that you wouldn't want posted online.

Common Sense 101: People will be people, and not everything that those people do is condoned by their employer. No employer has a big brother-like eye on everything that goes on. You really sound like you've never set foot in any sort of job.

Actually, my job experience has included investigating this kind of stuff, often resulting in discipline up to and including termination - and have successfully defended the decision in labour arbitration. People get fired for this kind of crap.

Nobody's getting anything more than a slap on the wrist for this kind of crap, unless it's a frequent problem

Nobody's getting anything more than a slap on the wrist for this kind of crap, unless it's a frequent problem

I won't digress and quote case law, but....admittedly, this one wasn't sexist or racist, so it doesn't ring the biggest bells, but damaging organizational reputation is recognized by the jurisprudence as grounds for discipline.

- Paul

Surely there's a difference between damaging a reputation, and simply acknowledging it. It's not like no one has ever heard such descriptions before! I can't see it being any more than a slap on the wrist.

I'm the guy who 25+ years ago posted the "Parking Manager" job ad.... it was intended to find a managerial type to run a bunch of parking garages for the downtown hospitals and Hydro. Needed someone with business experience, it was a sizable revenue stream and involved some expensive capital assets.

The media seized on the quoted salary and made it sound like the job was to sit in a booth and collect parking fees..... for big bucks......

Anyways, it was a painful lesson, but yeah, this stuff takes wierd bounces. Always assume that you are about to end up on Page 1.

- Paul

My very first professional engineering class: don't write anything you wouldn't want posted online.
In my world it is don't write something you would have a hard time explaining during discoveries! Learned the hard way having doodled a game of hang man in the margins of a document that became "evidence"......"no, I was not wishing to hang your client, sir!".

No need to blow it out of proportion (except to get in those sweet, sweet political jabs)

The first person writing "political jabs" was you. Right off the bat you diverted a discussion to TTC management and Line 4's closing time. And you even take it further than just political jabs by writing two personal jabs at two separate posters re: their work experience. I mean, if there was genuinely nothing wrong with the office posting, then you shouldn't feel the need to immediately race to their defense and resort to lame red herrings and ad hominems.

Back