News   Jul 03, 2024
 296     1 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 489     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 321     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Although the flashing red strips on the rear edges of the doors activate on the ROW stops, which is not good since it conditions drivers to ignore them.
They are quite bright. If one drives beside them would notice.

They are quite bright. If one drives beside them would notice.

But it would still be better to have them only activate at stops where there is no island platform or ROW, especially since now the new cars are mainly used on Spadina where cars don't have to stop for streetcars and drivers don't learn to associate the flashing lights with having to stop. It can't be that hard to do if it is already being done for the rear lights.

The TTC have just posted this tender call.

P25PA16878 - SOLAR-POWERED CUSTOMER FACING INFORMATION SYSTEM The TTC requires the services of up to five (5) Contractors to participate in a pilot project for the supply, installation and maintenance of one solar powered customer facing information screen. The scope of this Contract includes a Specified Option to award the Contractor with the highest rated score after the pilot the full production of up to 250 screens.

This is, I think, for solar powered NextBus installations so that they can be installed at shelters without easy access to hydro or in locations where Toronto Hydro are being difficult.

They do not use these in Toronto as they get ploughed up by snow ploughs! The speed bumps here are less 'severe' and seem to survive.

Actually you do find those rubber speed bumps in a lot of laneways around the city. I don't believe those are plowed though.

Even if it doesn't end up being art, per se, some sort of paint treatment would still be beneficial, whether it's painted solid red, or it's hatched, or whatever you call it, I think it's a wise move.

Road murals last as long as the paint they choose to use does, so it will depend on cost and proper implementation for it to stick around a while.

Mid-term committee shuffle time. See link.

A lot of councillors want to be on the TTC board.

CyX3JoDXEAAI3re.jpg

Do not want Campbell, De Baeremaeker, Ford, Karygiannis, Lee, Mammoliti, nor Minnan-Wong. Which means very likely they will be.

If we could ask the candidates questions, it would be: do you use the TTC to get to City Hall and regularly?

The Spacing Store has had the new token cuff links for a while. I like that they're offering the silver token ones also.

I might splurge and get the shower curtain.

Back