News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 398     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Whoa, those look pretty slick. I'm sure it's been discussed numerous times over the years, but how easy/costly would it be to convert these vehicles for high-floor boarding (i.e raise the door, remove the stairs)? Or is that even possible at all? Perhaps these could make good tram-trains for something like SmartTrack or a future RH line, or some kind of future RT line.

It would be cost prohibitive to make such conversions...might as well buy new trains especially since they are only doing 30.
Also I'm not sure if they are even designed to operate at a service speed for the RT RH or ST.

On that note, a little bit east of St. Clair East and Warden, there's an old H-Series train sitting behind some bushes in a disused parking lot. Look along the south side of St. Clair, and if you have a sharp eye you'll spot it.
The cars belong to a film production company.

Its a shame that they didnt take the chance to rebrand their ALRVs with a new paint scheme similar to the new cars coming in
Still stuck in 1985.....
I really think it could've worked. Oh well, 4217 looks great anyway. Hope to see it soon out there.

ALRV in LFLRV scheme by Adrian Badaraco, on Flickr

Streetcar collision and derailments at Broadview and Gerrard. :eek:

Streetcar collision and derailments at Broadview and Gerrard. :eek:
With 504, 505, and 506 all detouring, and Queen narrowed to 1 lane each direction near Jones for track replacement and work at Leslie, it made for a very slow commute.

Wow, still going too ... streetcar? Website just says collision. Hopefully no injuries.

Edit - cleared about 10:45 AM.

Last edited:
I feel like if the TTC did this it might have a bit of a weird undertones to it.

"See? We have the new streetcars everyone! Look! Nothing wrong with the order..."

Taking inspiration from the Iraqi Information Minister:

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 438
One of those times when a moving sidewalk is needed between the Spadina station on Line 1 and the Spadina station on Line 2. How else will people get to the 510 Spadina streetcar, except at Union Station?

See link.

Line 2 Bloor-Danforth - Keele to St George weekend closure due to track work
No subway service on Line 2 between Keele and St George stations from October 24 to 25

St%20G%20to%20Keele.jpg

They could simply walk. It's not that far. About 200 metres or so. About half the walking distance at Union from the Line 1 platform to the Union Pearson platform.

They could simply walk. It's not that far. About 200 metres or so. About half the walking distance at Union from the Line 1 platform to the Union Pearson platform.
Indeed, that's how most people do it. I think the post above was to reference how annoying it will be to have to walk back after taking the shuttle bus. Looks like if I'm going anywhere this weekend, streetcars it is.

Actually kind of interesting to note, some portion of Line 1 or Line 2 is closed for at least part of 7 of the 8 next upcoming weekends. It's going to require paying some attention.

I think the post above was to reference how annoying it will be to have to walk back after taking the shuttle bus. Looks like if I'm going anywhere this weekend, streetcars it is.
Surely the shuttle bus stops in the station, not far from the streetcar platform in the station. Not much difference than the subway except it's a floor up, instead of a floor down.

(I assume it stops there, I've only used that bus platform when there are 510 replacement buses).

Surely the shuttle bus stops in the station, not far from the streetcar platform in the station. Not much difference than the subway except it's a floor up, instead of a floor down.

(I assume it stops there, I've only used that bus platform when there are 510 replacement buses).

Except that the bus loop is currently dug up along with a stretch of Spadina Road (east side) in front of the station:

http://ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Construction/SpadinaRd_north_Bloo.jsp

Transit Service (August 17 to December 2015)
  • While the Spadina Station bus loop is closed for construction, buses on the 127 Davenport route will continue to serve all stops on Spadina Road (north of Bloor Street), but will not enter the bus loop.
  • After southbound buses serve the station area, they will run south of Bloor Street and loop around Spadina Crescent for the return northbound trip, serving all regular stops north of Bloor Street.
  • During construction, customers must board northbound buses on Spadina Road, just north of the station and will need to show Proof-of-Payment. Take a transfer before exiting the station.

Back