News   Jul 11, 2024
 4.5K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 210     2 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 411     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

So what do you say to someone, then, who's stranded, and needs to bring an e-bike on public transit out of necessity? Tough luck? Should they have foreseen the breakdown or injury or freak spell of bad weather that put them in this position?

Are there e-bike towing services?
Yes, CAA can "tow" your bike if it breaks down:

Bus service returning to Broadview Station

Jan. 3, 2024

Bus services are set to resume at Broadview Station, following the completion of work to replace streetcar tracks along Broadview Ave. and within the station.

Starting tomorrow, Thurs., Jan. 4, 8 Broadview and 62 Mortimer will resume service at the Broadview Station bus terminal. The 304 King Night and 504/505 King/Dundas replacement buses will return to Broadview Station and no longer run to Castle Frank Station.

Additionally, on Sun., Jan. 7, 87 Cosburn and 100 Flemingdon Park services will return to Broadview Station and no longer serve Pape Station.

The resumption of service marks a significant milestone in the coordinated project between the City of Toronto, Toronto Water, and the TTC to renew and upgrade important infrastructure in the area. Work to replace streetcar tracks along Broadview Ave., between Gerrard St. E. and Broadview Station, began in June 2023. The TTC will now begin the final phase of work to upgrade the overhead network in preparation for streetcars returning in the coming months.

The TTC appreciates the patience and understanding of our customers throughout the course of this project and looks forward to serving them better with the completion of this critical phase of work.

The TTC is committed to keeping customers informed about work and events that impact service, as well as alternate route options. For the most up-to-date information, follow @TTCNotices on X or sign up for eAlerts.

Possible new addition (an Orion low floor) to the heritage fleet (see it’s not just people focusing solely on the RT cars).

604C9F59-0C7D-4A0E-989A-A08B312E1833.jpeg

I don't say this often, but I am impressed. Good on them for trying to prevent the losses of the past from being repeated.

I don't say this often, but I am impressed. Good on them for trying to prevent the losses of the past from being repeated.
I'll be impressed only if & when they save one of the H4s as well (after they're retired from work service), since they're suddenly being so generous with saving everything.

Steve Munro has his take on the TTC's budget up at his site.

Worth a read, as Steve's posts so often are....

There's much there that's discussion worthy.........but I'll simply offer this take away; a notable shift in the tone and questions of Commissioners vs past years, away from being trained seals to human beings, who actually take
their job of reading reports and questioning with a modicum of seriousness. Its not quite at the level I'd like to see, but the shift is much appreciated.

The Board ultimately approved the budget but with these 4 added directives:

1704741160159.png

Good!

I am sure it's an ad-box with contractual requirements for x% of time devoted to public announcement/art/whatever. It's going to be so charming in the summer at the station when it pumps out tons of heat.

AoD

Think of the possibilities.

At least it's not as bad as when they installed the screens at Union in the moat.

Only going to make the platform more crowded with the loss of standing space on an overcrowded platform in the first place.

Only going to make the platform more crowded with the loss of standing space on an overcrowded platform in the first place.

Drum, you need to hit 'reply' when you're replying to something, I have no idea what you're responding to as it doesn't obviously fit with any of the posts immediately above.

Drum, you need to hit 'reply' when you're replying to something, I have no idea what you're responding to as it doesn't obviously fit with any of the posts immediately above.
Look at post #16,358

Look at post #16,358

I have him on ignore even though I still respond to some of his posts.........but I typically only see them when someone else hits reply.

Those aren't for public art; they're part of an addendum to the Ad contract and will be used for Ads.

Art may appear on them periodically.

They are a bad idea regardless.

Advertising on the platform-side walls is foolish and has low ROI.

The marketing people who think they're getting a good deal are not good at their jobs.

The TTC simply have no principles.

Back