News   Jun 24, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 907     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 569     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

FWIW This station is already almost 6 years old, so I don't think there's anything wrong with doing some maintenance to some of the infrastructure. Not to mention that the stations took time to build, some of the piping or whatever that they're replacing is likely much older, maybe 8 years if not 10.
There are several lawsuits the biggest being over $220 million for faulty plans and construction

Looking at the agenda for next week's TTC meeting, the Financial update and Major Projects report contains some tidbits of interest.

Off the top, we have a large scale upstaffing of stations. I'm uncertain on the value of this, is this just more warm bodies or is there a purpose, utility and duty set that needs carrying out?

The ratio of supervisors to front line staff seem problematic at roughly 4 to 1.

1695159017753.png

Hmmm RIDETO sorta/kinda lives:

1695159419155.png

Line 1 Capacity Expansion Update
1695159636339.png

I'm skipping items I think are of somewhat lower interest as its a big report.
1695159957636.png

1695159986830.png

1695160041454.png

1695160068309.png

1695160147779.png

I'll cross-post the Yonge-Bloor stuff to the applicable thread, lots of other items of interest if you follow the link.

Took the 501L today, not only was the bus saying the wrong direction (west vs east) it didn’t have any stop announcements which sucks on the novas if you sit right behind the driver and can’t see ahead

Took the 501L today, not only was the bus saying the wrong direction (west vs east) it didn’t have any stop announcements which sucks on the novas if you sit right behind the driver and can’t see ahead
Re: Novas
I don't like the seats behind the driver and rarely sit there. It's not only the lack of sightlines, but the low ceiling (yes, there's a "watch your head" sign, which I notice after bumping my head when getting up).

The other "feature" I dislike: the rear doors open into the bus where people stand when the bus is crowded.

Re: Novas
I don't like the seats behind the driver and rarely sit there. It's not only the lack of sightlines, but the low ceiling (yes, there's a "watch your head" sign, which I notice after bumping my head when getting up).

The other "feature" I dislike: the rear doors open into the bus where people stand when the bus is crowded.
Yeah it sucks for the spadina and subway shuttle when you're at the back, the seats aren't great but they're usually empty

Reactions: PL1
I don't even think those ghastly, full height turnstiles would do that much outside of the downtown core. At any station with a bus terminal, a fare evader can just walk in through the bus terminal.
Turns out that at King Station right now you can just walk right in without even having a bus terminal.

For the last 2-3 months, the bus entrance at Kipling been under construction to the point, buses can't make a left turn off St Albans to it and must use Aukland to do it. Construction was on the east side until last week when it shifted to the top westside. Only seen workers there twice in that time and they must be doing the work at night.

At the same time, the concrete and earth has been dug up over the tunnel from the station to about the centre of the taxi area and have yet to see anyone working on the roof of the tunnel. There is a small area that has fencing laying on top of an work area. Very strange why this is happening other than poor workmanship considering the whole tunnel was exposed and was worked on during the building of the Kipling Hub including water proofing of it.

Have no idea why these 2 projects are taking sooooo long to do.

Back