1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 790     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Glad to see there’s three platform screens now:
IMG_1975.jpeg

These look like the receivers for mobile service:

IMG_1930.jpeg

Are more screens new? There's certainly other stations that could benefit from more screens.

Or perhaps something more visible and/or larger letters.

Are more screens new? There's certainly other stations that could benefit from more screens.

Or perhaps something more visible and/or larger letters.
I’m not sure how many screens Dundas had before, I remember seeing two sets on the northbound platform. They are replacing the original old screens, seems like the new ones are a smaller variation of the ones found in the TYSSE stations.

I’m not sure how many screens Dundas had before, I remember seeing two sets on the northbound platform. They are replacing the original old screens, seems like the new ones are a smaller variation of the ones found in the TYSSE stations.
The screens that they removed and have replaced had something to do with the cameras at the edge of the platform for one person train operation. They were in the way of the driver being able to see all of the platform in their monitor.

The screens that they removed and have replaced had something to do with the cameras at the edge of the platform for one person train operation. They were in the way of the driver being able to see all of the platform in their monitor.
I'm not sure how you'd ever see all the platform at Dundas from one end of the train! After the train doors close, the platform is packed full of people walking down the platform. And many more people who have just missed the train who are already entering the platform.

You'd need a multi-camera system really, to be safe.

I'm not sure how you'd ever see all the platform at Dundas from one end of the train! After the train doors close, the platform is packed full of people walking down the platform. And many more people who have just missed the train who are already entering the platform.

You'd need a multi-camera system really, to be safe.
That's what they have. Along the platform there are multiple cameras along it just for the driver to see every door on the platform.

Not sure about the wayfinding aspect, but the fare gates at Dundas has gone unidirectional, which frankly should have been the practice from day one (Union Station, I am looking at you).

AoD

I don't know if its done yet, but St. Andrew was losing its 'booth' in favour of more gates.

A lot of staff raised concerns in respect of safety, apparently there will now be some kind of break room they can use.

I don't know if its done yet, but St. Andrew was losing its 'booth' in favour of more gates.

That's not a "wayfinding issue", that has more to do with the need for more gates at rush hour.

As I understand it, most of the stations on the University Line will have this done over the next year or two.

Dan

Back