News   Aug 30, 2024
 2.3K     0 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 608     0 

TTC Metropass - Hot Dealz

Promagstyle

Member Bio
Reaction score
The TTC Metropass is a great thing to have when you need to get around the city. The pass itself can also allow you to get discounts to certain places like CN Tower, Casa Loma, Ontario Science Center, so its wise to check this page out before you purchase tickets online and find out that you can save money to Admission to any public event. Just flash your Metropass and get the discounts from participating agency or organization.

http://www3.ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/Passes/Metropass/Metropass_Hot_Dealz/index.jsp

You can also get $5 Off of Admission for the Toronto Sportsman Show which is on from March 17th - March 30th (tomorrow), good thing to keep you're kids and family busy during March Break.

http://www3.ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/Passes/Metropass/Metropass_Hot_Dealz/Toronto_Sportsmen_Show.jsp

I think that most people that use Metropasses purchase them at the beginning of month to get the most out of them. To purchase a 120 dollar metropass mid-month to get a $5 discount off the sportsman show is just plain crazy.

I'd assume he was telling the majority of us who have Metropasses and don't pay attention to these discounts, rather than trying to solicit sales.

On this forum a while ago there was talk about signing on independent retailers and restaurants onto a program that would give Metropass holders special discounts. I don't remember exactly what that program's called, and I don't know what happened to it, but I still think it's a very good and valid idea. Sure it's nice to be able to get discounts at special events and tourist attractions, but I think retail and restaurant discounts are the ones that will benefit Metropass holders the most.

I guess I am easily annoyed too.
I expect a "Hot Dealz" program to be for five year olds.
It's pathetic.

Also easily annoying me are all "shoppes" and "bar and grilles".

Shoppe is grammatically correct as it is a variant of shop, and so is grille as it is a proper noun.

I haven't seen the Hot Dealz ads on the subways, and I initially assumed this thread was spam. At least we can rest easy that our taxes aren't being spent on high-end marketing firms (or are they!)

The problem is, no tourist is going to buy a monthly pass. While it's great that Torontonians can be tourists in their own town, if the TTC wants to be tourist friendly it would arrange for day passes to be used as discount passes for attractions. Once we get Presto, it'll be much easier (somewhat similar to the deals that go along with London's Oyster Card) but in the meantime, if we want visitors to use the TTC and enjoy the city and everything we have to offer, we need to provide some incentive.

Michael Ignatieff would prefer it be "Hot Dealzs"

ZsuzsannaZsohar.jpg

Back