News   Jun 28, 2024
 3.8K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.8K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 642     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

I take the Carlton streetcar every day. Does this mean starting August 31st I'll be taking one of these daily?
No, Only 510 this year. There a posting showing the time frame for the lines back a few pages.

At the current rate of delivery...........................what delivery as 4403 still hasn't shown up as promise with the last one being May 2 as well 4400. Aug 31 roll out maybe push back to Nov to tie in with the Presto System. TTC may have 6 cars for Aug 31 date if the current 2 per month delivery happen starting this month.

The 2 current cars can't go into service due to the ramp issue and will be use as training cars until there is enough cars here first so the 4 section can be sent back to Thunder Bay to be modify

I take the Carlton streetcar every day. Does this mean starting August 31st I'll be taking one of these daily?
The current schedule calls for 506 to be converted to the new streetcars in 2019. If they can deliver them fast enough.

The current schedule calls for 506 to be converted to the new streetcars in 2019. If they can deliver them fast enough.

Will they shift some of the ALRVs currently on Spadina, and eventually from Queen, onto routes like King, Carlton, and Dundas? I can't remember off the top of my head if that was part of the plan or not. IE: Routes that had ALRVs get Flexicties, routes that had CLRVs get ALRVs, until the entire stock is replaced with Flexicities?

Will they shift some of the ALRVs currently on Spadina, and eventually from Queen, onto routes like King, Carlton, and Dundas? I can't remember off the top of my head if that was part of the plan or not. IE: Routes that had ALRVs get Flexicties, routes that had CLRVs get ALRVs, until the entire stock is replaced with Flexicities?

Spadina has ALRV's now?

lSLcaya.jpg

Caught this one lurking in the trees. Sneaky.

Spadina has never really had ALRVs as they can't fit in Union loop. However, with the current short-turn (at King or Queens Quay) it could be conceivably possible that there may be the odd one.

You're correct in that the vast majority of them aren't ALRVs. I had a bit of a brain fart, haha.

My question about the shifting of rolling stock so that the CLRVs are retired first still stands though! :)

You're correct in that the vast majority of them aren't ALRVs. I had a bit of a brain fart, haha.

My question about the shifting of rolling stock so that the CLRVs are retired first still stands though! :)

From what I understand reading Steve Munro's blog. The ALRV's will be retired first as they are unreliable and expensive to maintain.

Spadina has never really had ALRVs as they can't fit in Union loop.

The ALRVs can fit into our Union and Spadina Stations.

I spotted this ALRV in revenue service the 510 back in March. That will very likely be the last time an ALRV will be in Spadina Station...ever. And this is certainly the very last image that will be taken of an ALRV on the 510 (I've only seen two others; both in the 1990s). I almost lost my sh*t when I saw it :cool:.

muZva0E.jpg

TTC has opted not to put our ALRVs in revenue service on the 510 Spadina. This is because the ALRVs have a rather large rear end swing. And unlike the CLRV, an ALRV driver cannot see the rear of the vehicle with the mirrors to ensure that the platform was clear of people and other objects when departing the station. Without the ability to see the rear of the vehicle there is a real danger that people would be hit by the rear end of the ALRV when it's departing the station.

Last edited:
The ALRVs can fit into our Union and Spadina Stations.

I spotted this ALRV in revenue service the 510 back in March. That will very likely be the last time an ALRV will be in Spadina Station...ever. And this is almost certainly the very last image that will be taken of an ALRV on the 510 (I've only seen two others; both in the 1990s). I almost lost my sh*t when I saw it :cool:.

TTC has opted not to put our ALRVs in revenue service on the 510 Spadina. This is because the ALRVs have a rather large rear end swing. And unlike the CLRV, an ALRV driver cannot see the rear of the vehicle with the mirrors to ensure that the platform was clear of people and other objects when departing the station. Without the ability to see the rear of the vehicle there is a real danger that people would be hit by the rear end of the ALRV when it's departing the station.

I guess that's not a problem with the new ones because each of the five sections is shorter?

I guess that's not a problem with the new ones because each of the five sections is shorter?

It's not a problem with the new cars because there will be a couple of cameras at the back, and therefore the operator will be able to see what is going on back there.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Will they shift some of the ALRVs currently on Spadina, and eventually from Queen, onto routes like King, Carlton, and Dundas?
No, if you look at the (now somewhat out of date) rollout schedule at http://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Com...2013/June_24/Reports/New_Streetcar_Implem.pdf you'll see that they don't start rolling out to Queen (the ALRVs are almost exclusively on Queen, there are none in regular service on Spadina) until 2015/2016, after they are rolled out on Spadina, Bathurst, Harbourfront, and Dundas. However, according to the retirement schedule on page 33, most of the ALRVs (42 of 52) would be retired in 2014, and the remainder in early 2015.

So what will actually happen is that CLRVs currently on Spadina (Bathurst, Dundas, etc.) will have to replace the ALRVs on Queen (and the few on King) before they are then replaced with the new streetcars.

Back