News   Apr 25, 2024
 234     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 765     2 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 797     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

I was biking on Osler when I was stopped at the level crossing.
The train proceeded through and how lucky was I? 4425 was on it!
Then for some reason the train stopped...

IMG_20210327_101559 marked.jpg

I was biking on Osler when I was stopped at the level crossing.
The train proceeded through and how lucky was I? 4425 was on it!
Then for some reason the train stopped...

View attachment 309376
Testing out the "proposed" Metrolinx Midtown Corridor? 😄 😄 😄 o_O

4425 must be on its way to Hillcrest if it going eastbound. If going westbound, then the info of it being in Lambton on Sunday was wrong.

4425 must be on its way to Hillcrest if it going eastbound. If going westbound, then the info of it being in Lambton on Sunday was wrong.
It was going westbound on Saturday. I was heading south and it was going from left to right..

It was going westbound on Saturday. I was heading south and it was going from left to right..
Thanks. Train going into Lambton can stop on the main line from time to time to get the correct track in place on the length of the train or cars to be drop off or pickup.

When post today, I take the info for the photo shot and posted for today and why I use the real date my photo is shot since it could be up to a week or more it posted. Even if I shot it today, I use today date.

4416 has reenter service on 511 after arriving 41 days ago.

4426 maybe off loaded today since it been at Lambton since Sunday and showing at loading dock area now. It will be the fastest turn around at 81 days since it was off site Jan 19. Could have been a few days shorter if CP delivery the car earlier this week.

One of the cars between 4428-4433 will be loaded on the flat once 4426 is off loaded with 4428 having the best shot.

4426 is at Hillcrest to be off loaded Monday and CP was slow delivering it to TTC. Arrived Lambton last Sat and delivery Friday.

Only one twin rope on the driver side is holding the pole since the pole is not in the hook area. I thought there was 2 sets of rope to hold the pole while it hook down. From what I could see, no damage to the car. Once I have a look at the close up shots I took, may see if there any damage to the pole or the car.

I have seen cars arrived and departed with the pole wrap and wire tie to the hook since 4416 pole mess.

Fail to posted, but 4419 reenter service on April 10 after only 22 days been here and another fast turn around for car with welds fix.

4426 was off loaded Monday and current southbound on Bathurst St as an in service car. Only 83 days since it was shipped and would been less if CP was slow delivering the car Friday.

4428 took 4426 spot on the flat.

4429 should be the next car to go after 4434-4438 arrive since only a day or 2 between cars. 4434 could be here April 29 matching 4426 turn around, but more like the first week of May. By Mid May, TTC will have 4 more cars to get ready for service.

4421 should be the next car to reenter service, but has spent a fair amount of time on the yard service track.

The only damage I could see from my photos for 4426 that it will need a paint touch up where the rope scratch the paint at the top and bottom.

I remember when 4419 arrived the first time, I had only just joined UT and started to pay attention as KW began to get anxious about our first ION car.

I remember when 4419 arrived the first time, I had only just joined UT and started to pay attention as KW began to get anxious about our first ION car.
It funny, as I never check to see where cars were on April 10 before going out and ended up shooting 4419 eastbound on Howard Park. Never dong on me that it reenter service less than a hour earlier and was doing its first return run.

There are 2 cars in the 4400's series I have yet to shoot and most of the 4500's. Have a few of the 4600's. The 2 4400's seem to be on other routes that I am not near to when I go looking for them. Will catch them one day since they will be around a long time.

Going through the old fleet photos and having years to do it, a few cars have only 1 shot of it and most only have 7. Little tick off for the lack of photos of the old fleet as well videos.

4434 and 4435 are in Lambton yard to be delivery to Hillcrest to be off loaded

I was expecting them to show up this week if they are finally doing turn around 90 days or less. Both are currently 85 and 83 days off property.

May to see 4436 and 4437 either next week, but not later than the 2nd week of May at current turn around. They are currently 9 & 10 day behind the ones to be off loaded this week

4438 and 4439 may take 4434 and 4435 spot on the flats. This leaves 27 more cars to be done and will make the 2022 date now at current turn around.

4425 was sitting in Russel yard last night and looks like it would reenter service Wed. It currently out testing on Queen as an in service car as well a dote and may see service this week.

Will we every see 4471 and 4478 again considering it been 753 and 823 days so far or will they be replace by new ones??

4434 and 4435 are in Lambton yard to be delivery to Hillcrest to be off loaded

I was expecting them to show up this week if they are finally doing turn around 90 days or less. Both are currently 85 and 83 days off property.

May to see 4436 and 4437 either next week, but not later than the 2nd week of May at current turn around. They are currently 9 & 10 day behind the ones to be off loaded this week

4438 and 4439 may take 4434 and 4435 spot on the flats. This leaves 27 more cars to be done and will make the 2022 date now at current turn around.

4425 was sitting in Russel yard last night and looks like it would reenter service Wed. It currently out testing on Queen as an in service car as well a dote and may see service this week.

Will we every see 4471 and 4478 again considering it been 753 and 823 days so far or will they be replace by new ones??

Screenshot_2021-05-03_215039.jpg

I was expecting to see it and 4436 next week based on new shipping schedule by Alstom compare to BBD past one and subject to CPP delivering cars to Hillcrest. The last I seen and heard, 4434 and 4435 have yet to be ship to Hillcrest over a week here with 4434 being off loaded Tuesday.

When checking if any cars been off loaded tonight, I happen to entre 4436 by error to be surprise to see it heading southbound on Bathurst St as a dot and then went into service as 505 up to University Ave and then became a dot. Considering 4436 was sent to QC on Feb 12, it had to be off loaded today unannounced or it was never ship Feb 12. More surprising it was off loaded today ahead of 4434 and 4435 is weir if it did happen as well only 81 days last seen as the fastest turn around so far.

4421 re-enter service on May 8 on 509 before going up to 512.

4435 was off loaded on Thursday and looks like 4438 took it spot.

4437 could be off loaded today with 4430 replacing it by looks

Wrong info posted regarding 4436 that I used as it was stated it was at Hillcrest to be loaded, but never happen.

Back