News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

It is solely the responsibility of the railway and its employees to ensure that the cargo it is carrying is secured properly. There is no legal way to waive that liability. Any damage done to infrastructure is then solely the railway's responsibility.
I don’t know... if the panto went up en route before a bridge and caused some damage I don’t see how CN or CP would just eat that. Seems negligent on the part of BBD to allow that pole to raise like that. Just my perspective.

Who needs a high/wide detector when you have the Mink and Red Sucker tunnels, and associated slide fencing?

That's one well built trolley pole.

- Paul

It could well have dislodged 100' before the photo location. Who knows. I'm not sure where the various liabilities would start and stop. BBD probably loaded the car and trains get fairly frequent run-past inspection. Given the overall dollars involved in the various components of the contract vs. the cost of a pole, I imagine someone will just eat it.

It could well have dislodged 100' before the photo location. Who knows. I'm not sure where the various liabilities would start and stop. BBD probably loaded the car and trains get fairly frequent run-past inspection. Given the overall dollars involved in the various components of the contract vs. the cost of a pole, I imagine someone will just eat it.
You clearly do not understand UTers. The aim is to get as excited as possible about topics you are rather uninformed about and predict all kinds of major impacts on those involved. :)

Just wondering why you're thinking this is CP's issue? Surely CP has some type of contract of carriage that waives their liability if the cargo is not secured. If anything, if I'm CP I'm looking into any damage that pole caused to my infrastructure. This doesn't seem like negligence in any way on the part of CP as they clearly weren't the ones that would have secured the pole when TTC gave them the car.

I guess the only thing we know is that TTC won't be paying for it.

I didn't say that CP would pay for it - you're right in that they could fight it as best they could. And they could use the fact that they've shipped over 60 of the things without an incident as proof that it wasn't their fault.

But the TTC will say that it was damaged upon arrival and charge that back to Bombardier. Who in turn will try to bill it back to CP. It will then be up to the two of them to figure out who's paying for it - although considering the cost of a new pole versus the cost of shipping the car down, CP will likely just give them a credit just to be done with it.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

4467 rolled through Parry Sound today, likely in Toronto by now.

- Paul

It would be cool of someone took a picture of a Flexity going over the big bridge in Parry Sound!
SB-on-trestle-edited-1280x867.jpg

^That would be quite a catch......the bridge is in the directional running zone, and is only used by northbounds except in unusual situations.

Of course, if any get sent back for factory work......

- Paul

^That would be quite a catch......the bridge is in the directional running zone, and is only used by northbounds except in unusual situations.

Can we schedule a native protest in a suitable location to achieve an unusual situation?

4465 has been tractable since Tuesday.

After 23 days since arriving, 4464 has enter service on 510. Ether the car was not completed when it arrived or have major issues for taking this long to get into service.

4465 has been tractable since Tuesday.

After 23 days since arriving, 4464 has enter service on 510. Ether the car was not completed when it arrived or have major issues for taking this long to get into service.

That's what I thought too was going on with 4464. It must have had issues or something going on.

Back