News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 395     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

This Site has seriously gone Crap
I’m Done :]

Attachments

• 7CAFCAF7-7BB9-4A50-A6C7-611576676051.jpeg
    7CAFCAF7-7BB9-4A50-A6C7-611576676051.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Flexities are usually signed 501 on their last run from 504, 509, 514, 512,or 510 on Queen.

That was the case until about a month ago. They've since updated the sign programming, and every route now has its own set of destinations for each division.

Of course, that doesn't mean that the operator didn't know/realize this. But it should help prevent that from being the case going forward.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

The drip, drip. drip of delivery is frustrating, but we are starting to see results. If you look at the whole picture in terms of public transportation in the GTA, the TTC is forging ahead nonetheless with new capabilities. The new subway extension is a case in point, and the building of a series of new subway stations further evidence of accomplishment. We are becoming more integrated as a community through the building of mass transit. It may be at slow pace, bu it is progress nonetheless. So now we have more of a foundation of Flexity streetcars with which to work, and the rate of production seems headed in the right direction. We are more likely to see them crisscrossing our paths on a daily basis, and its only going to get better. That's good stuff. I'd like to thank all of the good people who have worked and are working still to get things done at all the levels of production, as well as the ones who have taken it upon themselves to keep us apprised on a daily basis of new developments and deliveries. Thank You! You help make our lives better. Finally, i'd like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a Wonderful Holiday or a Merry Christmas, or a Happy Hanukkah, or any other festive salutation the I have undoubtedly overlooked, whichever one you prefer, as well as a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Last edited:
I remember as a kid in the 1970s seeing the first CLRV cars replacing the old streetcars and thinking I’m witnessing the modern age. It’s nice to repeat that feeling today everytime a Flexity rolls past. Though interestingly, I haven’t been on one since the Doors Open event at Leslie Barns. The 506 line rarely has Flexitys, and I find myself using Bikeshare over the streetcar on most trips.

The drip, drip. drip of delivery is frustrating, but we are starting to see results. If you look at the whole picture in terms of public transportation in the GTA, the TTC is forging ahead nonetheless with new capabilities. The new subway extension is a case in point, and the building of a series of new subway stations further evidence of accomplishment. We are becoming more integrated as a community through the building of mass transit. It may be at slow pace, bu it is progress nonetheless. So now we have more of a foundation of Flexity streetcars with which to work, and the rate of production seems headed in the right direction. We are more likely to see them crisscrossing our paths on a daily basis, and its only going to get better. That's good stuff. I'd like to thank all of the good people who have worked and are working still to get things done at all the levels of production, as well as the ones who have taken it upon themselves to keep us apprised on a daily basis of new developments and deliveries. Thank You! You help make our lives better. Finally, i'd like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a Wonderful Holiday or a Merry Christmas, or a Happy Hanukkah, or any other festive salutation the I have undoubtedly overlooked, whichever one you prefer, as well as a Happy and Healthy New Year!

It's nice to see a truly positive post once in a while. ;)

That was the case until about a month ago. They've since updated the sign programming, and every route now has its own set of destinations for each division.

Of course, that doesn't mean that the operator didn't know/realize this. But it should help prevent that from being the case going forward.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
So tonight i was walking the gods....er dogs and I saw three Flexities on Leslie. Two were signed 501 Queen to Leslie. The last was oddly signed 514 Cherry Short Turn.

Back