News   Apr 18, 2024
 386     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.7K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2K     4 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

No excuses for Bombardier tonight?
I keep saying that heads should be rolling at Bombardier. Simply because I've also pointed out people making false claims about the situation doesn't mean I don't think Bombardier hasn't screwed this up royally.

You seem to think my hidden agenda is protecting Bombardier somehow ... it isn't. My not so hidden agenda is my inability to suffer fools gladly.

Gawd, just looking how when this thread was started - 2006. 9 years after the first hints of public discussion around the procurement of new streetcars and we are still at the beginning stages of making them operational. How's that for efficiency and effectiveness?

AoD

Last edited:
One in service, another out... Just saw this on my way in to work:
CMNiuLSUcAA8-Ga.jpg:large

Turn left where? It's a streetcar-only ROW there. Nowhere to turn left heading northbound on Spadina from Queens Quay until Bremner/Fort York at the top of the hill in the distance. You can see a no left-turn sign in the photo (because the roadway there is one-way east).

I'm not understanding how the pick-up ended up in that position.

Yeah it's pretty confusing how the truck ended up on the tracks there. The impact is on its left side, so it was heading east? Could it have run the red at Lake Shore crossing the tracks and been pushed that far down?

I had literally just gone through that same point just before this happened!

I have a feeling that the truck was making a left turn from Spadina onto Lake Shore Eastbound. The light has been changed so that the streetcar now has priority and goes through BEFORE cars can make a left. The left turn cycle comes at the end just before the light goes red. Many cars begin to make a left turn, assuming the left turn light will go on, when that is no longer the case, and hasn't been for months now.

BUTTTT.... This morning, I waited 3 light cycles, and the left turn signal failed to turn on at all. It caused a massive backup along Spadina past Fort York Boulevard/Bremner. I think there may be a defect with the signal, and wouldn't be surprised if cars were just running the red because of that issue. I nearly did it this morning too because the left turn signal simply wasnt working.

Back