News   Apr 22, 2024
 809     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 275     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 686     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Deliveries slipped to 45 days between shipments and 4 out of 6 are out of service for another consecutive day. I may have spoken too soon about BBD.
We've heard 4407 is in for repairs not related to Bombardier. I saw 4403 on Gerrard yesterday doing training. There's been similar sightings of 4400. It's really on 4406 that is AWOL.

If 4402 is indeed shipped backed shortly to Thunder Bay, that's going to make one less streetcar available for service, as it will now be needed for training, which I assume will take precedence.

We've heard 4407 is in for repairs not related to Bombardier. I saw 4403 on Gerrard yesterday doing training. There's been similar sightings of 4400. It's really on 4406 that is AWOL.

If 4402 is indeed shipped backed shortly to Thunder Bay, that's going to make one less streetcar available for service, as it will now be needed for training, which I assume will take precedence.

Honest question....have they not had the two training "loaners" long enough now to have trained all of their operators? It just seems like a really long time they have had the trainers.

Honest question....have they not had the two training "loaners" long enough now to have trained all of their operators? It just seems like a really long time they have had the trainers.

Not only that, 4400 was also used for training for a while, wasn't it? The time they had 4400 before it went into service, and 4401+4402 from delivery until now...yeah, seems ridiculous.

And why are they using 4403 for training in the past week? 4401 and 4402 are both still available for that, presumably. 509/510 have gone from it being easy to catch one with 6 in service, to barely anywhere to be seen with just 2. And when 4402 gets shipped back, if an extra one indeed goes to training, then we'll be left with only one in service--LESS than the two we started with in 2014.

4407 was back in service today. I saw it running on the 510 at Queen's Quay and Spadina earlier, in service and with passengers aboard, and it is now showing as southbound to Union at Bremner.

Link to relevant post regarding 4405.

4405 should, hopefully, be back in service very soon; 4404, I think it was, had been in an accident at Fleet and Strachan exiting the CNE a couple of months back--it was a similar accident with a similar level of damage to the front bumper if I recall, and I believe it was back in service the next day or the 2nd day after the accident with no damage visible anymore. Fingers crossed 4405 fares as well

Re King: only the main station has presto, the commerce court entrance not. Brad Ross says automatic entrances or ones like CCt which have ticket windows open during peak only won't be Prestoed for now. Unfortunately CCt is closer to my office than he more roundabout route through Scotia Plaza.

And why are they using 4403 for training in the past week? 4401 and 4402 are both still available for that, presumably.
If 4402 is indeed being shipped back to Thunder Bay in the next few days on the flatcar that carried 4408 down - I'd think it would already be no longer available, and it would be sat at Hillcrest.

4400 was out of service on its way up Bathurst last night around 8:

IMG_4791.JPG
IMG_4792.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4791.JPG
    IMG_4791.JPG
    369.6 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_4792.JPG
    IMG_4792.JPG
    423.1 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:
October?! How can it possibly take 4 months to "reconfigure", that sounds about as long as it makes to build one from scratch. I have no idea how long it actually takes, but 4 months seems pretty long just to update one.

Par for the course for BBD. These guys can't do anything right. So fed up.

October?! How can it possibly take 4 months to "reconfigure", that sounds about as long as it takes to build one from scratch. I have no idea how long it actually takes, but 4 months seems pretty long just to update one.
You have no idea how long it takes, but you ask how can it possibly take that long with some kind of surprise? The shipping alone will eat up 2-3 weeks. 2-3 more doing running tests after they've finished. I'd assume there's a summer shutdown at the factory for a couple of weeks in there as well. That's half the time right there - without anything actually being done!

Par for the course for BBD. These guys can't do anything right. So fed up.
Why the prejudice?

October?! How can it possibly take 4 months to "reconfigure", that sounds about as long as it takes to build one from scratch. I have no idea how long it actually takes, but 4 months seems pretty long just to update one.

Hilarious.

Re King: only the main station has presto, the commerce court entrance not. Brad Ross says automatic entrances or ones like CCt which have ticket windows open during peak only won't be Prestoed for now. Unfortunately CCt is closer to my office than he more roundabout route through Scotia Plaza.

There is not an unlimited supply of PRESTO readers and the TTC is trying to spread them around; makes sense to me to put on only main entrances until all stations have at least one. Clearly all entrances will get them in due course, patience my friend!

Back