News   Apr 24, 2024
 568     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 790     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 534     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Will TTC require some pre-service testing before putting them back into service? I'm guessing yes given the nature of the work.

It's possible they will go directly to another Bombardier plant (T Bay, La Pocatiere, or Kingston) before returning to Toronto. I'm sure there will then have to be testing in town. At least they are finished with whatever work was needed in NY.

- Paul

^I'm very skeptical on the Flexities "achieving" their reliability targets. The TTC eased up on what they used to call failures through their testing, so basically they inflated the numbers so the fleet could "achieve" their targets.
You think So!!!................Big Time

Anyway, 4571 is now tracking.

^And now I'm told that another car shipped from Thunder Bay this afternoon, and car 4400 was spotted on CN in Toronto, so it will likely appear at Lambton over the weekend.

- Paul

4570 has enter service on 510 (501B) after arriving Sept 06

4581 is tracking and out testing on Queen

4571 is testing out on the Queensway. Word is that it went into service yesterday and ran into something and return to the yard after haft a trip.

4582 Off loaded today.

Which car will be off loaded next?? 4583, 4400

^It appears that two cars were delivered to Lambton Yard last night by CN. I don't have numbers.... one is clearly the 4400, the other may be another reweld job or it may be a brand new Kingston built car. Will have to wait for someone to confirm.

- Paul

4577 was off loaded today with 4400 and 4583 waiting delivery to Hillcrest.

4582 started tracking today.

This is no surprise given how things have been reported from day one. TTC CEO Sept report was a sure sign that this report was garbage given the great news the fleet jump from less than 20,000 km fail rate to over 35,000 in one month.

BBD Claims that their fleets will require less maintenance has yet to be met period and this includes the TR. It maybe true that the fleets are more reliability as claim by TTC than the old ones, but still requires more maintenance sooner than later as contracted and stated by BBD. Now where is the cost saving for this fleet?? TTC is not the only one seeing poor maintenance on new cars.

Full star report

TTC keeps two sets of streetcar reliability numbers — one isn’t published and shows the vehicles performing much worse

Last edited:
Green said the “legacy” numbers are worse because they include delays caused by failures of parts of the cars for which Bombardier is not responsible. For instance, the equipment streetcar operators use to speak to transit control is supplied by a different company, and if it malfunctions the delay wouldn’t be included in the publicly reported contractual numbers.

Sounds fair to me.

Back