News   Apr 24, 2024
 552     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 768     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 524     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Absolutely correct. Apart from enjoying our own factchecking of whatever PR Bombardier and TTC come out, all this obsessive tracking is just its own spectator sport. You can read the score in the paper the next day, but it's fun to listen for the 'clunk' when the puck bounces off the goalpost and misses the net by a hair.

- Paul

Ha, yeah I’m here everyday to check for any goals I missed. The crunch time toward the end of this period makes it more “exciting”
Haha

I think the real burden is replacing the carbon shoes in them. When they stop using the poles, they would stop ordering the shoes rendering them pretty useless.

Replacing inserts in the shoes is no burden - it takes quite literally 5 minutes.

Even replacing the carbons on a pantograph doesn't take that long. But unlike the inserts, you need guys on the roof of the car.

Dan
Toronto, Ont

4517 is testing on Lake Shore again today :
IMG_0249.JPG

Sorry are we going to track every single streetcar for the entirety of the Bombardier order?
Well, it IS UT and some of us are renowned for obsessive attention to details! I actually fully expect that some of us will soon enough start tracking the remaining ALRVs and CLRVs - they are now rarer than Flexities!

Well, it IS UT and some of us are renowned for obsessive attention to details! I actually fully expect that some of us will soon enough start tracking the remaining ALRVs and CLRVs - they are now rarer than Flexities!

Speaking of which, only ALRVs out today are 4226, 4229 and 4249.

Back