News   May 03, 2024
 887     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 549     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 267     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Given the fact 4450 should go into service on Tuesdays since it been in the service bay the last 2 days as standard procedure for entering service and no cars been ship since it was ship, 4457 is the best number we will see regardless what BBD is still claiming.

This is less than Andy said he would see this year, since he only saw 4460 being here by year end.

TTC would be very smart to not allow BBD to ship any unfinished cars to them like they did last year so BBD look good. It will only backup the current claim against BBD.

I don't see BBD meeting future deliverers as claim for the next 2 years.

For BBD to delivery all 15 cars they say TTC should have by year end, they need to ship a car every 2-3 day that hasn't been seen yet let a long a car a week. The best would be 2 cars a week or 12 cars in total.

If BBD is not shipping a car every 3-4 days in January or February, they better start flying cars in from Europe to meet their schedule completion date or saying 2020 will be the completion year now.

Well!! Looks like 4450 may not enter service on Tuesday as it left the yard after I posted earlier and was doing testing on 509.

Tuesday would have been the 4th day after 4449 enter service since 4450 arrived, 4 days after 4449. Based on why 4450 have go out again for testing, looks like Thursday could be the day now and will be 17 days after arrival. Then, maybe 4450 will enter service on 509 and it was testing the pan on the car since its sitting in the yard now.

Best day we may see 4451 is Nov 23 if anything get ship this month at this time.

Well!! Looks like 4450 may not enter service on Tuesday as it left the yard after I posted earlier and was doing testing on 509.

Tuesday would have been the 4th day after 4449 enter service since 4450 arrived, 4 days after 4449. Based on why 4450 have go out again for testing, looks like Thursday could be the day now and will be 17 days after arrival. Then, maybe 4450 will enter service on 509 and it was testing the pan on the car since its sitting in the yard now.

Best day we may see 4451 is Nov 23 if anything get ship this month at this time.

Hooray! When the last car is finally delivered I will be old enough to say.. back when I was young Bombardier was awarded a streetcar contract....

41 n service right now ... higher than I've seen before, but I haven't been checking religiously.

7 on 509, 14 on 510, 10 on 512 (out of 22), 9 on 514, and 1 on 304.

(304 ... hey, I just count them)
upload_2017-11-14_18-3-1.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-14_18-3-1.png
    upload_2017-11-14_18-3-1.png
    202.2 KB · Views: 270

I'm wondering if maybe they aren't being tracked quite as vigilantly as before. Not a knock on the guys in the communications chain, but I'm sure that they have better things to do than looking for all of the 200+streetcars to come out. It might be like 4450 where we don't know it's out there until it actually arrives.

I posted what was in the CEO report for the current and last month, not where we stand today.

Based on doors issues, it most likely why cars are taking longer to get to the burn in stage since staff knows what to look for as well check first.

At the current rate of delivery, will most likely see 4460 in Jan 2018, not this year as plan unless there a mass shipment of cars in the next 7 weeks. Even a car a week will only take us to 4457 at this time. Far short of having 4465 here as plan. Even with 2 cars a week, we will see 4464 with the possibility of 4465.

Its been 10 days since 4450 arrived and 2 days it started to do burn in.

What TTC will do once 4460 is here for the failure rate will be interesting considering how long it took to fix the doors on the TR that still don't open under 2-3 seconds these days. About 10 years since the first one arrived and still having door problems doesn't bow well the the new streetcars.

Unless 4451 gets ship in the next 8 days, no more cars going into service this month after 4449 schedule for Thursday and 4450 next week.

Off topic but on a side note.. I still wish the TRs would have doors akin to the H2 and H4 series that slammed shut. Nothing quite like it.

I’m gonna’ bite. Why is that?

KISS method my friend. The doors had little to no issues closing, they did not freeze up when ramming into a persons rib cage and above all else the doors just worked faster. It was not uncommon to to stop at the station, open and close the doors within a minute or so before departing. You know how many times I would be on an H4 that was running late to have the doors open and close almost instantaneously.

Of course this was at night but as it stands right now the TRs need to come to a full stop with a computer detecting that and opening the doors, then the servos take forever to close the doors. The doors were opening and closing faster with the H series than they do with the TRs leading to less dwell time.

4450 entered service on 509 this morning.
Thats somewhat a surprised as it was out for testing yesterday for a few hours between seeing it in the Barns and heading home on Queen. No idea where it was been test, but its finally in service after 16 days since it arrived.

It did enter service where I expected it to do.

Don't know about others, except for 8 cars starting at 4431-4450, the rest have taken 12-24 days getting into service to the point one can say some cars weren't fully built and finished off at the Barns.

Now we sit back and see what cars arrived this month with 15 days to go.

From reports posted online it sounds like the next new streetcar to roll off the line is outside in Bombardier's yard. I assume it's 4451?

Add to St Clair mess, I was showing someone from out of town today on Queens Quays and they were impress with the new cars, but 4448 went by use to Union with either a flat section on the wheel or some other issues. A thumb de thumb could be heard.

We got on a 514 going east at Bay with the 2nd door not opening and flashing. Driver finally got it open and close only to have the same problem again before we move. Happen 3 times to Cherry St. I think it was 4412, but not sure.

Back