News   Jun 17, 2024
 304     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 301     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 452     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

4441 is in service on 509 heading toward the EX at Bathurst St. What happen to the burn in???

4442 is still in the service bay
As I always thought, in the building doesn't mean it's being under service and in the service bay doesn't mean it's having trouble every time. Sure 4441 had some problems but it's probably not failing every day. I wouldn't judge solely based on the GPS location.

As I always thought, in the building doesn't mean it's being under service and in the service bay doesn't mean it's having trouble every time. Sure 4441 had some problems but it's probably not failing every day. I wouldn't judge solely based on the GPS location.

Especially since they will run the cars overnight to try and accumulate as much mileage as possible. Less traffic to contend with as well.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Maybe it's been done already? Why would the TTC do less than 600 km unless something changed?

How many KM does 4 trips From Gunns to Yonge, 8 trips from Bathurst to Gunns, 4 trips from the yard to/from St Clair, 2 round trip from yard to Sunnyside add up to be for the failure?? With the failure, you are at zero and start the process all over again.

It was still in the service bay when I went to bed last night where it been since Thursday last week, with a few trips around the yard Tuesday night.

Not sure why you included my comment since you seem to have brought up completely different points so not sure why it was included in your post.

I wonder if they are accelerating how they do the burn in and testing in anticipation of the larger number of cars coming in the coming months. and year.

4442 is making its 3rd trip up to St Clair in the last few days by the way of Fleet Loop, a stop over at Hillcrest and is currently heading west on St Clair.

My rule of thumb for cars being in the service bay is they are there for a reason and therefore out of service or not doing burn in. It could be a number of reason from waiting parts, someone to work on it or waiting to be move to another location in the service bay.

Someone has stated there is something ready to be pickup at BBD, but no idea what it is. If it is 4443, can CP get it here by the 31, still leaving one car short for the month. Never know if both cars for this month could becoming down at the same time and to be finish here to meet this month schedule.

As for 4441 going into service like it did, most likely TTC decided to get the car in service in place of burn in, since it going to need cars for St Clair come Sept 3rd and this will fulfill that requirement.

My rule of thumb for cars being in the service bay is they are there for a reason and therefore out of service or not doing burn in. It could be a number of reason from waiting parts, someone to work on it or waiting to be move to another location in the service bay.
Or perhaps Bombardier simply doesn't want it parked outside by itself, where it might get tagged.

4441 going into service like it did, most likely TTC decided to get the car in service in place of burn in, since it going to need cars for St Clair come Sept 3rd and this will fulfill that requirement.
They'd save 2-days of burn in, for something 8 days away? Seems unlikely. Likely conclusion is it did burn in.

Or perhaps Bombardier simply doesn't want it parked outside by itself, where it might get tagged.

They'd save 2-days of burn in, for something 8 days away? Seems unlikely. Likely conclusion is it did burn in.
Or perhaps TTC is doing more inspections of the car to make sure all wires and non-safety essentials are installed correctly. There's so many installation issues in the past, I think it would be safe to double and triple check everything.

I wouldn't be surprise to see 4442 in service come Monday. It is currently in the service bay.

It spent 12 hours plus of burn in yesterday with one trip back to the service back after a few hours. It made a few trips to Hillcrest for crew break, meal time and most likely a crew change. It spent more hours yesterday doing burn in than 4441 every did before the failure and that not including the the other days 4442 was out.

4441 "NEVER" did its burn in and the best I can see, it only did about 40 miles at best.

Now, any word on 4443 & 4444??? Another miss month in a row.

If TTC removes all the Flexity off 511 come Sept 3, there should be 4 cars for 512 with 2 spares for weekday peak service.

As for keeping 4441 & 4442 in the service bay for fear of tagging, I guess the security system needs to be beef up and the high wall made higher.:eek::p Haven't heard of anyone getting into the yard and doing tagging on the current fleet. Doing longer inspection wouldn't be a surprise since TTC staff can repair and rebuilt things better than what was built in the first place. Given BBD track record to date, spend an extra few days to make sure things are right before burn in than sorry later if it isn't don't or after the car goes into service. Staff knows what to look for these days based on failure rate of various items.

4441 "NEVER" did its burn in and the best I can see, it only did about 40 miles at best.

Are you up at 3 in the morning to check its progress? Because if you aren't, than you can't say that it never did its mileage.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
Alos whose to say all of the burn in is done well it can be tracked via Next bus data that may be one of the last things they test during the burn in period.

Are you up at 3 in the morning to check its progress? Because if you aren't, than you can't say that it never did its mileage.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
Well I was up a few night past 3 after the failure with a few all nighters before the failure and never out of the yard. Yes it can go out late than midnight while we sleep and we wouldn't know it including me.

I don't use Next Bus Tracker and the tracker I used is on once the car GPS is turn on. The GPS is turn on a few days after arrival and before burn in start from what I have seen.

4442 is just south of St Clair and heading to it.

Will CP get 4443 to Hillcrest by the 31, leaving one car short for the month??

You don't need to stay up overnight to check the GPS coordinates. Just write a simple program that reads the GPS coordinates from the XML link and save it to a text file with the time. Plot the points and figure out where it went.

4442 is in the service bay if you're wondering where it is at 4:25am an Aug 28 (according to nextbus).

Back