News   Jun 17, 2024
 566     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 375     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 546     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

In the meanwhile the 509 has 1 diesel and 5 hybrid buses. Things should be back to normal next week.

Last edited:
Is there an updated route implementation? I'm sick and tired of my most used routes, 505 and 506, being all old streetcars still.

Is there an updated route implementation? I'm sick and tired of my most used routes, 505 and 506, being all old streetcars still.
Current plans seem to be complete conversation of 514 and then move onto 505 followed by 511. 506 is currently last according to the old list but it didn't include 514 and 511 was supposed to be after 509 was completed. They are still making changes to it most likely based on what routes they have converted the overhead wiring to as they will be receiving cars some time this year without trolley poles.

The rather bustitute the 511 than the 505, that's for sure. Hence why the 505 is now ahead of the 511.

As for today, the new cars on 504 is not a coincidence. It's the only route that has been occasionally assigned new cars to fill in gaps with 514 cars.

First of all, there is a report coming soon about changes to the roll out of routes and it could be this month.

514 wasn't part of the first roll out, but since it service the main centre of 504, it leap frog other routes in 2016 and to have 10 cars this year first.

511 has been push down the list because streetcars can't run on it until the Bathurst Bridge is rebuilt which is a City project.

505 is the next route. Even if BBD delivery the plan 40 cars this year, TTC is going to be short cars for full conversion of routes plan for 2016 that has been moved to 2017.

As for 4431 entering service on Sat, this is a new one how it took place. In the past, once cars have done the final test on 506, it sat in the service bay from 1 to 5 days before entering service. 4431 was out for testing on St Clair early Sat morning and was sitting in the service bay at 10:30 am and then went into service shortly after that time frame. A very quick turn around compare to the rest of the fleet to date.

As noted, cars were on 504 due to the closure of QQ and Union Loop since drivers are already sign up for this board change. TTC had to put the drivers of the new fleet somewhere and decided to use 504 for them. Riders were given a taste of what to come for them in the next year or 2 this weekend.

Last edited:

Not to worry, they'll replace those old Toronto Street Railway streetcars with new Peter Witt streetcars or even newer ones before the decade is out.

ttc-0002-gerrardgreenwood-19200507.jpg

Right now there are 24 in service. 14 on 510, 8 on 514, and 2 on 504.

So, I guess the deployment order will now be 509 (once service resumes)/514 > 504 > 505 > 511 > ...

It's funny that they installed a couple of SRVMs a year or two ago at stops on Bathurst (Carr northbound, College northbound) anticipating LFLRVs going there early on, but they still won't be needed for a while.

Maybe I've gotten lucky but every streetcar I've boarded on King in the past two weeks has been a 514 Flexity and today I saw three of them all at once around King and Spadina.

Given that it's the busiest streetcar route, it was a good call to move them up in the schedule. It makes a big difference during rush hour. Way less crowded.

514 wasn't part of the first roll out, but since it service the main centre of 504, it leap frog other routes in 2016 and to have 10 cars this year first.

511 has been push down the list because streetcars can't run on it until the Bathurst Bridge is rebuilt which is a City project.

505 is the next route.

I'm surprised that they'd go Dundas 505 before the notoriously busy Queen 501.

Back