News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 835     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

This is a prime example of the arrogant (We know best) attitude from Bombardier. They don't even bother to deliver what's required in the tender, while they have this nonchalance attitude about delivery time.

They cancelled the tender. They didn't have a contract in place. This is how RFP processes work. You put out your requirements, companies bid and provide their terms, and you choose the best bid or nothing. In is very common to have responses to RFPs that don't meet all conditions. Normally the differences from what was requested and what was offered are due to misunderstandings or vendor inability to meet the requirements. I don't think any vendor thinks "they know better and are going to provide an unwanted product" because they want the business and other companies could have tendered.

With the TTC's grandfather PCC streetcar being put into service on the 509 line, when will we expect the streetcars from the retirement home out in Halton County get pressed into service? See link.

halton-county-radial-2.jpg

Well judging by the fact theyre made in europe the chances of a repeat like TTC is much smaller.
No. Zürich has already has a fleet of BBD cars and I rode them in 2012. Time line in Europe is longer than here.

The company now says it will deliver 16 (Flexity Outlook) streetcars by the end of this year, 40 in 2017, 76 in 2018, and 57 in 2019.

I'm guessing the 14 Flexity Freedom vehicles for ION (Waterloo) should be delivered by 2017 and 196 Flexity Freedom vehicles for Transit City by 2019 through to 2021, or someplace in there.

I'm guessing the 14 Flexity Freedom vehicles for ION (Waterloo) should be delivered by 2017 and 196 Flexity Freedom vehicles for Transit City by 2019 through to 2021, or someplace in there.

According to the Globe, the plan is now to build the Freedoms in Kingston.

- Paul

N'ah, we'll be quoting you above in 2018 when we see perhaps 30 cars in total delivered.
All cynicism aside, these do seem to be real and tangible steps to increase the production rate. Previously, it was just a version of "Mexico didn't build the flux capacitors to spec. Just an isolated incident. Don't worry, next week we'll speed up. Trust us." Now, they've outlined specific steps to build production capacity and made realistic short term promises.

Well!! I guess we will have to wait until next week to see 4420 in service since there no sign from TTC so far that it could enter service today.

Back