News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 984     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.7K     3 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Metrolinx doesn't mind sticking Mississauga and Hamilton with these Flexitys either as they hope the problem will be solved by 2022 and save a few bucks.

The production line gets stopped when all the parts are not available. I hope the Tbay workers still get paid when that happens.
I don't. That's taxpayer money being spent on idle workers? They chose a crap employer, it's not serfdom. But I feel for them, as the company wasn't always this mess.

I don't. That's taxpayer money being spent on idle workers? They chose a crap employer, it's not serfdom. But I feel for them, as the company wasn't always this mess.

You know, there is so much in this statement that is offensive and downright nonsensical that I'm going to take the high road and simply ignore it.

- Paul

Not that it makes any difference but Bombardier for the past 8 years has gone through 8 streetcar managers

It's even harder to be ironic on the internet than it is to be sarcastic.

(I pressed the I button, but all that happened was my typing changed fonts)

- Paul

On the Bombardier federal "bailout" side of things, there is no bailout, there is an investment request. Rob Dewar had made it clear that they don't need the federal funding to survive. The funding just gives them greater financial leeway to make deals and make decisions.
Well, it looks like they're not in favour of exchanging control for taxpayer funding. Good on Trudeau, IMO.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...-3-billion-pitch-sources-say/article30016968/

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s proposal to Bombardier would see his government and the province of Quebec each invest $1-billion in the company, along with a share sale that would raise another $1-billion to bolster the firm’s balance sheet. Along with the $3-billion plan, Canada wants the company to do away with the dual-class share structure that allows the Bombardier and Beaudoin families to maintain control with only a minority stake.

Good on the Bombardier family for not taking the deal. We really don't need Bombardier to be bought out, chopped up, and shut down by foreign companies. Really the only benefits to getting rid of the dual class share structure is to protect against the risk of idiot hiers, and to address shareholder votes which were close and would have gone against the family voting block. In the Bombardier shareholder meeting when Boudoin said the family had no interest in loosening it's grip people cheered. Many companies with tonnes of potential have been lost to investors with no long term view.

I'm curious how this will affect Bombardier plants in Ontario over the longer term if Quebec and Caisse are investors and Canada and Ontario are not. Likely it bodes well for Mirabel and La Pocatiere.

Back